Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y tire pressure drop

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The key is same PSI (+/- 1) for all 4 tires so.
Anyway inflated all to 41 psi 5 hours ago still not picked up by the sensors. Guess need to go for a spin.
On the other hand I need to have the rotation done soon, interesting the timing coincides, maybe that’s why most people never have to worry about the low psi.
It isn't unusual for some tires to seep slightly over several months/seasonal changes. That has been my experience for 50+ years. Multiple brands, sizes, cars. It's a random thing.

Some do, some don't. DaveLaguna: you might just have a tire that slowly leaks air. Finding a "leak" might prove impossible.

Same here, 2023 Molde Y about 5500 miles and showing 36~37 psi on all 4 tires. Never seen that on ICE cars. Anyone else?
Its funny you say this because that is exactly what happened to my car with all 4 tires around 36-37 psi and I have around 5200 miles. I just inflated my tires back to 42 psi cold about 1.5 weeks ago. Didn't want underinflated tires to be a reason for any potential range loss.

Its funny you say this because that is exactly what happened to my car with all 4 tires around 36-37 psi and I have around 5200 miles. I just inflated my tires back to 42 psi cold about 1.5 weeks ago. Didn't want underinflated tires to be a reason for any potential range loss.
Good to know I’m not alone. Guess it’s within specs for Tesla, along with everything else 😂

Reactions: range269
Good to know I’m not alone. Guess it’s within specs for Tesla, along with everything else 😂
The main thing to be aware about is that they are all 4 tires are evenly losing tire pressure vs. just 1 tire that is severely losing tire pressure while the others are not which is not good for driving but also balancing the tread on the other 3 tires since the other 3 tires would need to compensate for the 1 tire that is losing a lot of pressure.

Reactions: DaveLaguna
I've had my model Y for about two months. Went to the mountains this weekend and it was 38 degrees this morning. The tire pressure warning showed me my tire pressure was it 36. It has been at 41 the entire time I've owned the car. I understand why the pressure was lower, because of the cold temperature (and Alt). My concern was that if I air the tires up to 41 PSI before leaving the mountains, and then drive back home, that I will be looking at tire pressures of 46 to 48. when I get home. I chose not to add any air for the drive back. I figured that driving the car would warm up the tires and the pressure would come back up to 40ish. The pressure remained 36 to 37, and then got up to 38 when i got back on the highway (70mph). I'll see what it is in the morning. When at home, the vehicle is garage kept, but in the mountains it was just out in the driveway. I know they recommend keeping the tire pressure at 41, but it sure was comfortable at 37 :)

Tire pressures are, and always have been, a compromise. Nothing new about this, except many vehicles, now have real-time PSI notification.

The laws of physics haven't changed. 42PSI in 50f will increase, w/o being driven, to 47+ if the ambient temp reaches 90f, even higher if temps go above 100f..

FYI, a healthy, well-designed tire has a burst pressure around 200psi.

IMHO, I'll keep my MY 19" tires at 40-42psi, in my DFW Texas environment, and they'll range from 36 to 45psi, depending on the ambient temp.

Reactions: 804son