Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Trunk Lighting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want a way to turn the thing off. I got one of those tents that attaches to the back of an suv so you can sleep in the back of it (it's difficult to get up/down off the ground these days), but the stupid light never went off and I had to detach the tent and close the door. It's not going to work out for other reasons, but there should be a way to shut the thing off.

I want a way to turn the thing off. I got one of those tents that attaches to the back of an suv so you can sleep in the back of it (it's difficult to get up/down off the ground these days), but the stupid light never went off and I had to detach the tent and close the door. It's not going to work out for other reasons, but there should be a way to shut the thing off.
Black electrical tape will take care of it in a situation like that.

I would very much like to be able to do this, too. It seems like it would be possible to replace the assembly with a light with an integrated push button, very much like the way the lights above the front seats work. Aftermarket opportunity!

Here is my first try and lighting up the rear cargo area. I'm using a USB stick light in the 12V outlet for the left side and a motion/dark sensing 3xAA battery light velcro to the carpet wall on the right side. The 12V outlet shuts off when the car goes to sleep. I have a cargo privacy cover that hides the 12v light when driving.

Attachments

• IMG_6434.jpg
    IMG_6434.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_6437.jpg
    IMG_6437.jpg
    550.1 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_6438.jpg
    IMG_6438.jpg
    470.8 KB · Views: 213