Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model Y vs Cybertruck. Which one will you buy if both are on the market right now?

Which one will you buy if both are on the market right now?

• model Y

Votes: 28 35.0%
  • cybertruck

Votes: 52 65.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you trying to be a smarty-pants? I've heard of these supercharger things you mentioned.. when I got my first Model S in 2013. I also, remember sitting at superchargers in the summer getting well under the advertised rate. As more and more cars are on the road, superchargers will get more crowded. So, the less I have to stop.. the better.

When I return to the states I will probably be driving 800+ mile trips every other week. The difference between a 500 mile range and a 350/322 mile rage for Model X/Y respectively will make a big difference.

By the time they are too crowded there will be plenty of V3 chargers and I don't buy this argument. You are driving 800 miles a day every other week? Really? Where will you be driving this 800 miles? In urban cities because that makes no sense and there will be plenty of SC availability outside cities. I know people that do coast to coast trips in old MS cars with no issue and no V3. Why compare a 2013 S to what is available now. So what are your travel specifics? Distances per day, general routes, etc? Sure it is more convenient to have more range but your argument about SC availability and old charging infrastructure and rates does not hold up today.

FWIW, I don't need a pickup truck, or the equivalent. I need a car with a higher seat and more storage.

And I have no range anxiety: I've mapped out all the places I'm likely to visit and they're all within a single charge, even starting from 75%. It was actually kind of surprising and amazing.

So, no, I don't want a CT; I'm eager for my MY.

YMMV, literally.

If the Model Y will be able to tow up to 5,000 lbs. and can go 250+ miles while doing so, then the Model Y.

So, yeah, the CyberTruck Tri-Motor!

C'mon, hurry up already. I want to sell my Highlander before it loses too much value but need a tow vehicle and my Model 3 can't do it.

By the time they are too crowded there will be plenty of V3 chargers and I don't buy this argument. You are driving 800 miles a day every other week? Really? Where will you be driving this 800 miles? In urban cities because that makes no sense and there will be plenty of SC availability outside cities. I know people that do coast to coast trips in old MS cars with no issue and no V3. Why compare a 2013 S to what is available now. So what are your travel specifics? Distances per day, general routes, etc? Sure it is more convenient to have more range but your argument about SC availability and old charging infrastructure and rates does not hold up today.

Hey, random internet "smarter-than-you" guy: You do realize I was answering a poll question with an opinion, right? Not sure why you think my opinion isn't "right" or why you think I care about yours.

Unless you're buying my car for me, I don't need to justify anything to you. I'll buy what makes sense to me, not someone who "knows people" who drive a lot.

Hey, random internet "smarter-than-you" guy: You do realize I was answering a poll question with an opinion, right? Not sure why you think my opinion isn't "right" or why you think I care about yours.

Unless you're buying my car for me, I don't need to justify anything to you. I'll buy what makes sense to me, not someone who "knows people" who drive a lot.

I did not ask you to nor did I expect you to answer about your driving habits you outlined. The rest of your comments are just passive aggressive and do not really add any value to your non-response. It would have been informative if you explained why you take 800 mile bi-weekly trips and that present SC tech will not work for you but somehow based on your response I'm not sure it would be of value anymore. My comments and questions were based on your responses about the range which is relevant to the discussion. I hope the over crowded and slow SC network charges your 500 mile pack well;) This random person has done some work on said network and was looking for more info.

I did not ask you to nor did I expect you to answer about your driving habits you outlined. The rest of your comments are just passive aggressive and do not really add any value to your non-response. It would have been informative if you explained why you take 800 mile bi-weekly trips and that present SC tech will not work for you but somehow based on your response I'm not sure it would be of value anymore. I hope the over crowded and slow SC network charges your 500 mile pack well;)

It might have been a constructive conversation, had you not started it off in a condescending tone to begin with. That seems to be your MO, though.