Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y vs Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed the order Model Y but I'm glad that I cancelled it. IMO Cybertruck offers so much more value compares the Y, more seating capacity, utilities, durability (not worry shopping carts/ICE drivers dents). Damn, the ground clearance, definitely good for the North. It is worth the wait! That's my 5 cents (don't have penny in the North anymore), it is ready for anything :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191123-162813_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20191123-162813_Facebook.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 113
I placed the order Model Y but I'm glad that I cancelled it. IMO Cybertruck offers so much more value compares the Y, more seating capacity, utilities, durability (not worry shopping carts/ICE drivers dents). Damn, the ground clearance, definitely good for the North. It is worth the wait! That's my 5 cents (don't have penny in the North anymore), it is ready for anything :)
How are you even comparing the two? They're in two different classes - the Y a crossover, the Cybertruck a full-size pickup. Are people really just buying specs now, irrespective of other considerations?

• Disagree
Reactions: teasla and DrtyJrze
How are you even comparing the two? They're in two different classes - the Y a crossover, the Cybertruck a full-size pickup. Are people really just buying specs now, irrespective of other considerations?

For me, I bought the 3 because its the only tesla I can justify buying at the time. I would have absolutely bought a SUV for the same price if I could. I settled on the 3 because it was the best bang for the buck. Model Y is a bit better, but a tesla truck adds a lot of utility for the cost.

Also, in my office, there is a LOT more buzz around truck than model 3, which speaks well for it given how popular 3 has been.

You’re not buying the truck, you’re a window shopper. During the next two year (at a minimum) wait, something newer will be introduced, you’ll cancel your $100 order, and will then say you’re going to “get” whatever it is because it faster, stronger, etc.

You just like to ride the trends. It’s okay, you’re not alone. Plenty of people do that on car forums.