Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Weather Tech Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, there! My 1st post!
Just received my model y weathertech floor mats.
There are no photos or videos anywhere yet so I did a quick 1 min video in case someone is curios how it looks and fits.
I have kids and having tall sides is a must have for me to collect snow, sand, dirt from bikes and toys and etc.

Initial thoughts:
Pros:
  • soft
  • high quality
  • no smell
  • tall sides
  • protection from large spills
  • fit
Cons:
  • price

Let me know if you have any questions!

I've got the Tesmanian's and they definitely cover further forward, under the seats in the rear and honestly in the front foot areas as well, dead pedal, etc.. From what I see here, I'd recommend my Tesmanian's over these, based upon coverage.

Soft is an interesting descriptor. I love WeatherTech, a trip to their showroom is always the first thing I do after I pick up a new car. I didn't get their trunk mat as it wasn't available at the time I purchased the vehicle but looking at your video I wish I had. The Tesmanian one is 'floppy' and ill formed in the front toward the rear seats, the only 'plus' is the crease to aid in folding when accessing the subtrunk.

Reactions: Bikeman
All my WT floorliners I've ever bought fit better a while after I have put them in place. They do settle in, as mentioned, and the side gaps relax. I do hope it is the case with this set too. Glad to know they produce these already -- in fact I didn't expect them this soon. Seemed like it took forever for the M3.

Their showroom is always a great trip (I live too close). Free coffee and cookie bar. Worth the visit if you're anywhere within driving distance. The danger in going there is that you'll find yourself spending money you didn't expect to. Example: Our cats are enjoying their modular pet feeding system. ;)

i-NqWg3ZG-L.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
May be sounds dumb but I had WT before and honestly don't want to get any other mats, same with Thule systems and etc. Pricey but great quality, support, warranty and etc. I treat WT like Apple but in floor mats world

Not dumb at all. They treat you well, you treat them well. I have some good history with some of the people there, so for me, I wouldn't shop anywhere else for a similar product. Also, did I mention the free coffee bar?