Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y wheel options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems crazy that you can’t choose the 20s or the 21s with the performance option. I like everything except the 21s

I heard the ride comfort and noise isn't as bad as you think on the 21s. They look sweet but I agree its overkill for sure. The problem would be eating through tires every year and paying a pretty penny for replacement. You cannot rotate staggard.

Me personally im coming from BMW with low profile 20s, so I probably wont notice a difference.

That looks great! Is that on the performance Y? Looks like it’s a little taller than the last pic. Maybe it’s a LR. Trying to get ideas for the future. Both wheel set-ups looks clean.

LR.

A defining characteristic of a Performance Y is the bigger brake in back in red with Tesla logo. It's a totally different caliper than the LR rear caliper.

JPEG image-40F3AF9280E7-1.jpeg

LR.

A defining characteristic of a Performance Y is the bigger brake in back in red with Tesla logo. It's a totally different caliper than the LR rear caliper.

View attachment 527060

Will you guys be re-producing the 21’’ Überturbine rims of the Y in a 19'' variant like you did with Model S Arachnid rims which you have available for S, X, 3 and now Y?!

That'd be a big seller considering it was originally going to be for Model 3

That rim in 19'' = me buying

Will you guys be re-producing the 21’’ Überturbine rims of the Y in a 19'' variant like you did with Model S Arachnid rims which you have available for S, X, 3 and now Y?!

That'd be a big seller considering it was originally going to be for Model 3

That rim in 19'' = me buying

Improved Design.
Lighter Weight.
Load Rated for all S 3 X Y.
...stay tuned

An 18 or 19 inch wheel will ride a lot nicer than 20s. The tires will also be more affordable when it's time to replace them.

I wish Tesla had better taste in wheel design. I'd like a set of lightweight 18 or 19 inch wheels to be offered on the MYP with a traditional 5-spoke or 6-spoke design.

Any pics of TSS wheels in matte black on a MY?

You really get the depth of the Deep Blue Metallic paint out with Ceramic Pro coating.

PSA: This is not a Performance Y. The calipers were painted red.

• TSS Flow Forged 20x10 in Matte Black
  • Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ 255/40-20 101Y XL
  • fits all Dual Motor LR , Performance Stealth & Performance models
  • fits over Performance calipers, no hardware or adapters needed

deep-blue-metallic-tesla-model-3-dual-motor-1.jpg
deep-blue-metallic-tesla-model-3-dual-motor-2.jpg

You really get the depth of the Deep Blue Metallic paint out with Ceramic Pro coating.

View attachment 527781 View attachment 527782

Man! Now I really want to switch my White/White to Blue/White!

View attachment 527781 View attachment 527782
That looks pretty sharp, I asked about the difference due to the ride height being different between the PUP and LR/Stealth Performance. I might be one of the few that likes the higher height

That looks pretty sharp, I asked about the difference due to the ride height being different between the PUP and LR/Stealth Performance. I might be one of the few that likes the higher height

LR is a tad bit higher than PUP. Very proportional to Model 3 LR vs Model 3 Performance.

White Y on TSS 200 Matte Black.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9123.jpeg
    IMG_9123.jpeg
    605.8 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: spsheridan
So, the inevitable has occurred. Model Y with the 21inch uberturbine wheels.I nailed the right rear. curb rash. There just isnt any sidewall to these tires. They are named P ) for a reason. Any thoughts on how to cosmetically repair , its a good 5-6 inches all on the very edge of the rim.

Thoughts? Thank You