Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y wheel options

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any positive change in ride quality? I want something a little softer over bumps and potholes, but still look nice. I also had Michelin A/S 3+ on my Audi and loved the tires. Any input?
Yes, the ride on the 20" Michelin A/S 3+ is slightly softer over bumps than the 21" Uberturbines with its lower-profile tires, not a huge difference but a noticeable one. I've read a post somewhere where a person noted a droning sound at highway speeds with the Michelins but I haven't noticed that with these tires.

Reactions: Kelr316
Yes, the ride on the 20" Michelin A/S 3+ is slightly softer over bumps than the 21" Uberturbines with its lower-profile tires, not a huge difference but a noticeable one. I've read a post somewhere where a person noted a droning sound at highway speeds with the Michelins but I haven't noticed that with these tires.

I am thinking about getting the same wheels, except in gray for my Gray MY PUP, and I’m wondering if you gained range when you swapped stock for the TSS’s?

Wheel: TY117 Forged
Size: 21x9.5” front, 21x10.5” rear
Finish: Matte Black
Tires: Pirelli P Zero Elect 255/35-21” front, 275/35-21” rear factory tires
Other: Uses factory lug nuts & our matte black lug nut covers, accepts factory center cap, uses original TPMS. 25% lighter than 21” Uberturbine. 8% lighter than 20” Induction. 2% lighter than Gemini.

pearl-white-tesla-model-y-performance-ty117-matte-black-21-inch-forged-wheels-wm-1.jpg
pearl-white-tesla-model-y-performance-ty117-matte-black-21-inch-forged-wheels-wm-2.jpg
pearl-white-tesla-model-y-performance-ty117-matte-black-21-inch-forged-wheels-wm-3.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone know if the 19” Model 3 T-Sport TSS Flow Forged wheels will fit comfortably on a Model Y non performance?

The long of it....

Got an AWD Model 3. Took aero wheels off and put winter tires on them. Then got the 19” TSS Flows for summer duty. Love it. I’m happy. We just ordered a Model Y AWD with the black 20” wheels. I’m considering using those stock wheels for Summer and putting my Model 3 TSS wheels with snow tires for the winter duty on the Y. I’d then get the referral Model 3 wheels for Summer 3 duty as I love them.

Thoughts?

thanks!!!

42CE90FC-71D8-4D82-861E-63EEE3CBC276.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Reborn and Fred42
@phantasms They will physically fit, but they're not load rated to hold the weight (which is probably why @Tsportline) made a 19x9.5 to match the factory dimension of the stock 19" Gemini wheel.
You're correct, the Model 3 19x8.5" TSS's are load rated at 1500 lbs, and the Model Y 19x19.5" TSS's are load rated at 1980 lbs. Interestingly enough the TST rims in 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 for the Model 3 and Model Y, respectively, are both load rated at 1980 lbs. I have a set of TST knockoffs (sorry couldn't stand the tramp stamp) on my Model 3 and was trying to see if they'd work on the Y. From a load rating perspective, they seem fine, but they'll be inset just a tad going from 9.5 to 8.5" rims.

If Tesla can get the same load rating in a narrower tire/rim, why did they make the Model Y's rims wider? Tesla usually runs narrow tires for the rim (IMHO, I personally loathe the 'stretched' tire look) yet they upped the rim width for the Model Y, but the load ratings are the same. I would think they'd try to avoid that to keep narrower tires, meaning less rolling resistance/aero drag and therefore better range. I feel like I'm missing something, as this decision in that context doesn't make sense.

Has anyone used EVWheel Direct 20" Turbine Wheels for Model Y? Thoughts? Want to have a second set of cooler wheels, aside from the 19" geminis. Though I would pair it with Pilot Sport 3s 255/40/20s. Sounds like I'll need to get sensors from tesla...

If you're interested in your new set....please feel free to reach out and DM me for Tesla owner pricing.

-Signature wheels are bespoke forged wheels custom tailored to your needs...down to the mm.
-Efficiency / Aggressive setup is available. Flush / tucked / poke fitment.
-All of our 32 finishes are standard and there are no hidden charges.
-Insured and air freight directly to you...no waiting on other sets.
-Build time: As early as 3 weeks but typically 4 weeks. Industry leading for lead times.
-Lightweight and fully forged.
-Nothing hidden...quality wheels with no excuses.

https://www.signaturewheel.com/

Last edited: