Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y windows frozen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had rain snow mix yesterday and very cold night.
This morning when I open the door, the windows didn’t roll down. I didn’t realize I forced open it till I try to close the door.
The door won’t close because window didn’t roll down. After inspection, I find both windows on driver side won’t roll up or down.
Seems moisture or water get in the window and freeze it. After temperature rises, they start working.
Is this something worth to have tesla check out?

I've had similar situations with both regular framed windows and frameless. With the framed window, it's not as big of a deal because you can get in/out of the car and operate as normal until the glass/seals get up to temperature and operate normally again. The issue with the frameless is that you typically have to move the window (auto retract) to get in/out of the vehicle. I can't say for sure you don't have sealing issues, but one way you can mitigate that is to pre-condition the car when temperatures are that low. If you get the interior temps up above freezing, that *should* help keep the windows operating normally. If I were you I might just contact the S/C just in case there's a bigger issue though, water getting into an electric car is no good.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung