Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Combined peak power is reached at 88kph showing a Bat Power of 425kW.

That is useful because at no point does the sum of front and rear motor power exceed battery power :)

At the peak battery power you have 425kW = 245kW rear + 180kW front. The rear motor is peaking at 260kW and the front at 190kW.

Assuming that the front motor is 93% efficient, then it's making 177kW peak. Assuming the rear motor is 97% efficient, then it's making 252kW.

Peak combined power = 245*0.97+180*0.93 = 405kW. Pretty close (within 2%) of 397kW.

Reactions: EVolv3d and eivissa
I'm not sure, but i think you actually can't tell using the VIN number. The VIN number is helpful in seeing which battery, which motor etc. you have, but doesn't show anything about the infotainment system. Maybe @eivissa can clarify further.

I don't believe the VIN can tell you.

Data point: I took delivery of MY LR yesterday (in USA) it has the older chip and 12V battery. I imagine we will gradually see the new stuff roll out across M3, MY over the next month or so as they use up supplies of existing parts at the Fremont factory.

A typo? It says the seats can be cooled in 6 separate places including on an image of the climate controls. That's some typo!
Spelling mistake. On that same image there is also lever for wheel.

They mean that when heating is off, then normal temperature on cabin do this cooling for seat.

If they add ventilation to 3/Y then those are moving and moving closer S/X which are premium and top specs Tesla’s. And that will not happen like air suspensions.

Last edited:
It also says "The seat icon displays twisting lines that turn red (heating) or blue (cooling) to corresponding with the set level".

It actually makes sense I think. Since heated steering wheel and back seats are now base feature in all 3/Y models, they might now be offering seat ventilation as a paid option for RWD Model 3, for example. I don't think it moves 3/Y to S/X that much, there is still a huge gap between them...

It also says "The seat icon displays twisting lines that turn red (heating) or blue (cooling) to corresponding with the set level".

It actually makes sense I think. Since heated steering wheel and back seats are now base feature in all 3/Y models, they might now be offering seat ventilation as a paid option for RWD Model 3, for example. I don't think it moves 3/Y to S/X that much, there is still a huge gap between them...
Wouldn't cooled seats require a change to perforated seat material in the cooled portions of the seat? Any past cars I have owned that contained this option had perforated leather material.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Wouldn't cooled seats require a change to perforated seat material in the cooled portions of the seat? Any past cars I have owned that contained this option had perforated leather material.
Yes. Ventilated seats is an option that you will spot instantly, just by looking in from the outside. The main area were the body is supported by the seat has small holes, like black dots, in it.

I think you’re right, most cars in the same price range have cooled seats

I did notice that nowhere in the 6 places that it mentions seat cooling was the word "ventilated" used. It made me wonder if Tesla has come up with a different method of seat cooling but I can't imagine they'd run refrigerant lines to the seats!