Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Show that image/link.

Also little water problem with Y
Model S GPU:
1644658560362.png

Model Y GPU:

1644658589682.png

It's essentially the same daughterboard for the GPU

I've seen some conjecture that the above model Y GPU was really a picture from the model S (really it was one guy on reddit whose post seemed to have been taken as fact and kinda spread from there). But in the below image (which is clearly of the Model 3 / Y MCU given the fewer connections compared to the Model S MCU), you can see where the other end of that ribbon cable for the GPU ends up

1644658747283.png

I must admit I thought the pictures I was seeing of the board in the 1st and 2nd shots was the APU/CPU, but after watching the Plaid MCU deconstruction video I was surprised to learn it's actually the GPU, and it does look pretty much identical.
of course it's the GPU, you see the die and the VRAM modules (i.e. your video memory) made by Samsung, you can even read spec to check the VRAM operating speed etc

GPU appears to be a Navi 23 variant. Hard to tell much else without being able to run apps on this thing. My guess would be it's not the full die (i.e the "XT" version), but it's unclear if it's even further cut down than the "standard" variant sold for PCs.

1644757661193.png

The general trend looking at other AMD GPUs, the code on the bottom right has something to do with which variant it is. Seems the trend is the second to last digit going up by 1 represents a more "cut down" GPU. The 215-130000016 above is the Navi23 XL. 215-130000006 is a Navi 23 XT. 215-130000026 (which is what the Tesla GPUs have marked) is likely a further cutdown variant (i.e plain Navi23).

Last edited:
Tesla clearly showed the M3P lower than the LR when you selected it when ordering. Here is a snippet I captured from when I ordered mine in January.

I have concerns that I too ordered a vehicle with lowered suspension and will not receive what I paid for. I will wait and see what Tesla delivers. While others may accept such changes without concern, I do not believe I will be inclined to take such an approach.

Heres the side view image from the website -definitely looks lower than the other photo above it.

I thought I was going to get the 79kwh pack as EU but got 74kwh as I am in the UK. Nothing said this from order to delivery paperwork or the car head unit. Only after asking Tesla to confirm and some indication on charging from say 40% to 90% adding 32kwh made the maths. Now the new cars on uk are showing a few more mile range but also noticed the wheel selection changes, mine originally quoted 360 but 370 with aero which is what I have but on delivery and since 330 mile range to 340 mile. never seen 360 and average 250kw /mile.
They need to sort to miles to kwh we charge in kwh and drive miles.

Spotted this over on the German site. Interesting news for the M3P with LG 5L battery.

View attachment 770177

I've been following this post almost everyday, since i was about to pull the trigger on a M3P (Blue & White)

At this moment i placed an order with a rental company for a 4 year contract (it's a company car and here in italy it's pretty common) i've 2 options: Take delivery of the car around may/june
wait and take delivery in august/september

What do you guys suggests? To have the most "updated" car, should i wait till september or i can take the june delivery since the new updates are coming relatively soon?

:)

should i wait till september or i can take the june delivery since the new updates are coming relatively soon?
According to what I have been told (Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY) deliveries into the UK in March have all the 2022 updates, so there is no benefit in waiting until September.

There was some reference over on the German forum to a MI02 option code for 2021 model year cars built with VIN N=2022, but I doubt these will still be around in May/June or later.

2022 Option Codes.png