Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you know, did you measure? The 2021s did not sit low, even compared to LR and SR from the same model year, as shown in the video linked earlier in this thread.

Then there's something crazy with my M3P because mine has gotten numerous comments now from other friends owning it where it looks like there are shipping blocks still on my suspension due to the height. I didn't measure but already have the delivery team reaching out for "resolution" of the removal of the lowered suspension. I'll measure it tomorrow to get specifics I haven't bothered because it's egregious.

Reactions: DVM3P
Then there's something crazy with my M3P because mine has gotten numerous comments now from other friends owning it where it looks like there are shipping blocks still on my suspension due to the height. I didn't measure but already have the delivery team reaching out for "resolution" of the removal of the lowered suspension. I'll measure it tomorrow to get specifics I haven't bothered because it's egregious.
Yeah keep us updated. I just took delivery today and I’ll report my measurement whenever I can as well.

73ECC474-2215-4D1F-BA74-9B4D57D6798F.jpeg

And here’s a side-view.

@DVM3P That looks really similar to my October 2021 M3P on its stock wheels+tires, I think yours is slightly higher but not a lot. Basically, it looks like what I expect without the "lower suspension" which never looked much lower to me for 2021.

I have read that older M3P were lower, and it's not clear when the cutoff was, e.g. maybe your 2021 M3P was lower than mine.

@tm1v2 Here is an actual measurement. Seems to be very similar to the photo @lUtriaNt posted a week or two ago, and also similar to the M3Ps in the video linked earlier in the thread. It’s actually lower than one of the 2021’s he measured.
My ‘22 M3P measures right around 28.25” as well. Like others have said, the stretched Pirelli tire profile makes the wheel gap appear larger due to less vertical sidewall.

Thanks for posting the measurement pic! I never measured my M3P height on the stock setup, and I'm on different size wheels+tires now so it wouldn't be a meaningful comparison.
You can still measure from the center of the wheel hub to the arch of the fender as that effectively eliminates the wheel/tire difference to compare the spring height. This was ~15.75” on my stock ‘22 M3P.

You could also compare ground clearance as it’s likely a limiting factor with the battery in the floor. I believe that the M3P is supposed to be ~10mm lower compared to the standard versions. The ground clearance should be ~5.1-5.2” vs the standard 5.5” (~130 vs 140mm). I did a quick measurement of a few spots on my ‘22 M3P and they were around 5.2”. I’m sure Tesla factors this in for safety and avoiding damage to the expensive battery pack.

Is it possible to see the part numbers on the springs? This would be a sure way of knowing if there has been a change.

The part numbers should be different.

The old part numbers for the M3P front spring/damper were originally:
LH Damper: 1044363-04-B
RH Damper: 1044368-04-B
Spring: 1044379-04-B

My '22 M3P does have revised part numbers (-C). This probably changed around the time of the refresh.
LH Damper: 1044363-04-C
RH Damper: 1044368-04-C
Spring: 1044379-04-C

The original LR AWD had different part numbers. I'm not sure if these are still current or have been revised since the refresh.
Front LH Damper: 1044363-00-F
Front RH Damper: 1044368-00-F
Front Spring: 1044379-02-D

Despite the M3P's revised part numbers, I found numerous members measuring the front height back in 2018 and their measurements match my '22 M3P.
Front fender to center of wheel hub: 15.75"
Front fender to ground: 28.25"

Of course, RSymons RSEV measurements shows variation of ~5mm between year/models (71.5 vs 72.0cm). Tire pressure, tread depth, tire brand/specifications, vehicle weight/distribution, floor levelness, etc. will all introduce some margin of variation. It would be better to measure from the center of the wheel hub to the fender arch to eliminate the tire differences at least. Using his measurement technique, my '22 M3P is ~71.8cm.

The stretched Pirelli tire profile certainly makes the wheel gap appear larger due to less vertical sidewall. The 235 width tire is too narrow for the 9.0" rim. The rim looks like it's practically sitting on the ground. While the 235/35R20 tire is rated with a sidewall of 3.2" (unloaded), the actual rim is < 2" from the ground once the tire is installed on the car, loaded with the vehicle's weight, and the sidewall angle is accounted for due to stretched nature of the narrower tire on a wider wheel (235mm tire on 9.0" wheel). Since the outer edge of the tire has less vertical sidewall and the peak diameter of the tire sits further in the fender well, the tire sidewall appears smaller making the wheel gap appear larger. Less light makes its way deeper into the fender well which further exaggerates the optics of the wheel gap due to the dark shadows. I tried to capture this in these pictures.

image_67169537.JPG

stock.JPG

Attachments

• weight.jpg
    weight.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 75
Measured mine at just over 28.5" on the fronts and just over 29" in the rears. , I received a phone call from Tesla today regarding this and they said it never said on '22MY M3P's that it got lowered suspension and to take it up with the delivery team regarding this. They stated as per NYS Law the car had to be 10" off the ground. When I cited my car is only 9" off the ground he said it can vary due to the ground. (lol). My Mclarens sit lower then that and are perfectly legal.

Was already combative when I uploaded photos of my passenger tail completely fogged up at delivery and days later. He said it was normal, so I cited that NYS Law doesn't allow for fogged or condensation in tail lights so if he'd rather I bring it back 3 times for the same issue and lemon it then we can do that. He then approved a new tail-light.

To top it off, they registered my car to the wrong address. No idea how this happened but I was told I'd get a call in 24 hours and haven't yet. My DL, Loan App, Tesla Info is all the same address so literally no reason for this one.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
So it does seem yours is slightly higher than the average. Really sorry to hear about all of the issues you're dealing with and I hope they get resolved smoothly...

Got a call back, Guy said he has no idea why the car isn't coming lower and it should have. I mentioned the whole lowered suspension being removed off the website and he has no idea. The registration he said the address was right and when I asked him to repeat it to me I saw it was wrong. He then changed attitude and helped me but said he had to send it over to their registration department because he can't correct it now. He called me shortly after and they are mailing me the registration with the wrong info so I can correct it when it arrives in the mail.

For the suspension the other department called me and said that this has to be taken up with the delivery team or service department. Put me on hold for 10 minutes and confirmed it with whoever. The other guy called me back and said he'd get the delivery team to reach out to me regarding this.