Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V22 leaked:
fc6ae45f51dddeda6456b6c7e35f14f06c75d462.png

e6c3b32b261ee6bddd722202d8118e0051bf4b15_2_473x500.png

Source:

More details when I have time to dig through the rest of the certification documentation.

Reactions: milesr3 and delta0
They were probably talking about the '12v' Li-Ion battery. Every 2022 car from China has this and every agent you talk to is primed to tell you this.

If you talk to someone who has visibility of and knows how to check manufacturing option codes then they might be able to see 'BT42' for the 3L or 'BT43' for 5L.
I called again Tesla today, i asked them about BT43 and BT42, they told me that 9 out of 10 cars M3P so far are the BT43 and all have the AMD Ryzen CPU, he told me they just delivered 2 M3P last week, both with the new LG battery

They also told me that each country is a different market, and especially UK because of the right driving seat its a totally different market

I asked him to check about my order and he told me he can check only roughly 15 days before delivery, when he will get a VIN/BIN? not sure what he said...but hes 99% sure that ill get the LG ...

but im not sure...is LG better or panasonic better? im so confused lol

Reactions: Lindenwood
I believe you. Not sure I believe Tesla. @eivissa has anyone seen one of these BT43 equipped M3Ps in the EU?
I guess we have to wait and see...lol

I was lucky to order it before 2 days though cause today the price went up 3.000 euro for the performance...
I didnt even research it a lot, i was like order it, its just 100 euro to preorder so w/e...very lucky..i saved 3k

how can you check the specs?
I received my UK registration document which gives the Variant and Version.
how u can see the battery?
The 3L in characters 2&3 of the Variant is the battery.
This has the AMD Ryzen?
Yes.
Also what is cat.2 drive unit?
There are two specs of 3D6 rear drive unit: cat.2, rated 219kW, indicated by the Q in the 2nd character of the Version; cat.3, rated 235kW, indicated by a Z instead of a Q.

Reactions: Lindenwood
Oh so its the 2022 refresh model? that includes all the 2022 changes but not the battery?
Yes. It is a 2022 model, certified against the V21 type approval, effective from 31/12/2021. It has all the changes and the 3L battery is perfectly permissible in the 2022 performance model.
is there any difference? does this affect the battery in any way?
No.

The really important thing with the M3P, which I now understand better is that the power (performance) is limited to the maximum power available from the battery. Have a look at something I posted earlier here. At higher states of charge and temperature the 3L can supply 440kW and Whatcar rated the 2021 M3P with the 3L at 420kW/571PS. I don't know whether the 5L can provide this level of power.

Yes. It is a 2022 model, certified against the V21 type approval, effective from 31/12/2021. It has all the changes and the 3L battery is perfectly permissible in the 2022 performance model.

No.

The really important thing with the M3P, which I now understand better is that the power (performance) is limited to the maximum power available from the battery. Have a look at something I posted earlier here. At higher states of charge and temperature the 3L can supply 440kW and Whatcar rated the 2021 M3P with the 3L at 420kW/571PS. I don't know whether the 5L can provide this level of power.

Ohhhh i thought that the 2022 refresh would also include along with the rest of the changes the new LG battery, but seems like its not the case.

To me, the most important is to make sure that the battery wont degradate fast...i also read that the LG has a different type of battery which degradades slower...

Still more than enough for the rated 377kW, but I'm more comfortable with my 3L and it's 80.3kWh usable energy now. 👍
It's not that simple. The M3P ist overshooting these values since late 2019. Have a look here: