Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked my car up yesterday and just about managed to photograph my battery sticker. Part number looks like 1660112-09-G?

1660112-09-G.png

And measured the ride height. It's around 720mm / 28.5".
IMG_1317.jpeg

Also seeing 186 miles of projected range with 57% battery remaining, which equates to 79.9kW/h usable energy. Has to be the 3L.

I'm also pretty amazed how little power my 2022 M3P is consuming when cruising round, keeping pace with the flow of traffic. 245Wh/mi is >4 miles per kW! 😲

IMG_1322.jpeg

Will it be the 2022 refresh? Will it include the changes on the first post on the images?
It will be one of the permissible variants and versions for the M3P in table 2.

None from Q1 have had the rear door laminated glass or LG 5L battery. @eivissa updated the battery wiki over on the German site a few days ago. I have not seen any explanation for why the 3L battery has continued to be used in the M3P. I could speculate that the LG 5L was chosen for economic reasons, and therefore Tesla would ordinarily be quick to switch to using it. Maybe they still have stock of the 3L to deplete. Maybe there is another reason. It's pure speculation though.

It will be one of the permissible variants and versions for the M3P in table 2.

None from Q1 have had the rear door laminated glass or LG 5L battery. @eivissa updated the battery wiki over on the German site a few days ago. I have not seen any explanation for why the 3L battery has continued to be used in the M3P. I could speculate that the LG 5L was chosen for economic reasons, and therefore Tesla would ordinarily be quick to switch to using it. Maybe they still have stock of the 3L to deplete. Maybe there is another reason. It's pure speculation though.

so my car will not have the changes on this picture:
v20_reasons-for-change-jpg.741624

right?

Would it be wiser then to wait a little bit ? Shouldn't the LG 5L Battery be better?

The "lowered" suspension on the Performance is barely lower than the SR or LR. I took delivery of a 2022 Performance last Thursday and it's got quite a bit of wheel gap, but I believe it's partly due to the wheels having a relatively tame offset and the stretched tires.

View attachment 774834
It’s going to look like a truck either way. The stock setup isn’t great looks wise. I couldn’t stand it and decided to lower. That said it may not be something that bothers you. The tesla website pictures are very misleading on the wheels gap issue. Good news is if it does bother you a 1 inch drop is only 750 all in.

• Disagree
Reactions: lUtriaNt
so my car will not have the changes on this picture:
What is coming when is unknown but so far there have been no LG M50 (5L) batteries, M3 Perf M50 hairpin wound DU variant (in combination with the 5L) or rear door laminated glass.
Would it be wiser then to wait a little bit ?
Impossible to say. Some would say there will always be something better tomorrow and you should buy what is available and enjoy it today.
Shouldn't the LG 5L Battery be better?
Different, rather than better (or worse). The 5L is reputed to have more power at lower states of charge (SoC) but less peak power than the 3L. The 3L has greater capacity.

To be honest, I got my knickers in a twist over thinking that only the 5L and cat.3 3D6 DU would be acceptable in 2022. But now I understand better that the M3P power output is far more dependent upon the output of the battery than the motor net power ratings.

What is coming when is unknown but so far there have been no LG M50 (5L) batteries, M3 Perf M50 hairpin wound DU variant (in combination with the 5L) or rear door laminated glass.

Impossible to say. Some would say there will always be something better tomorrow and you should buy what is available and enjoy it today.

Different, rather than better (or worse). The 5L is reputed to have more power at lower states of charge (SoC) but less peak power than the 3L. The 3L has greater capacity.

To be honest, I got my knickers in a twist over thinking that only the 5L and cat.3 3D6 DU would be acceptable in 2022. But now I understand better that the M3P power output is far more dependent upon the output of the battery than the motor net power ratings.
I called Tesla today and they told me all deliveries in 2022 M3P have the LG battery with all the new changes etc

Oh lol weird...i asked him 3 times, he insisted all cars who delivered on 2022 from China they have the new updates, new cpu and LG battery

how can you check what battery the car has?
They were probably talking about the '12v' Li-Ion battery. Every 2022 car from China has this and every agent you talk to is primed to tell you this.

If you talk to someone who has visibility of and knows how to check manufacturing option codes then they might be able to see 'BT42' for the 3L or 'BT43' for 5L.

• Informative
Reactions: milesr3