Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2022 Refresh M3/MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
here is a photo of the pzero on my 2022 model 3p:
View attachment 775074

and here is a photo of a ps4 on the same car. i swapped tires because i much prefer the ps4s because my old 2020 m3p had ps4s.
View attachment 775076

and for reference here is a shot of my old 2020 m3p with ps4's

View attachment 775077

not scientific -- just a cat who used a measure tape and took some potato shots :)

i think the pzeros are the culprit. once i put ps4s back on the height is near the same as the 2020 m3p.

for reference, here is an old shot of my 2020 m3p. see if you can compare it to @civicdrivr 's photo...

View attachment 775078
I think you could be right about the pzeros.

thanks for the pics

ps - based on your pics I'm so glad I went with the Black on Black -- looks stunning, Can't wait for he to arrive :)

• Love
Reactions: lUtriaNt
Yes, it does. There are guides on how to check the battery type in this thread, but AFAIK it's mainly post-delivery if you don't have a CoC.
Yes I've had a look at this thread but it's not exactly clear what they are saying? How can I check now that I have the car?

At pickup today the car was charged to 99% and displayed a range of 501km, does this help explain the battery type?

I asked the SA if the lower range is because of the battery type but he said it is because of the AMD Ryzen processor using more resources.

At pickup today the car was charged to 99% and displayed a range of 501km, does this help explain the battery type?
501/0.99*0.62 = 314 miles. Almost the same as the 315 miles EPA range (of a US vehicle with the Panasonic 3L battery) displayed in the car.

2022 M3P EPA Range (315m).png

Last edited:
@lUtriaNt What size PS4S did you put on? They look a little less stretched on the 9" wide Uberturbines than the PZ4 as best I can tell from that angle.

It makes sense that the Uberturbine stretched tire setup accentuates the wheel gap vs the previous 8.5" wide M3P wheels. The stretch effectively makes the sidewall even shorter. And if the PZ4 are narrower than the PS4S in the same OE 235/35R20 size it's all the worse...
In my experience (with other cars), PS4S tend to run slightly bigger than other tires at the same listed size.

Model 3s out of U.S. will have the li-on batteries and faster processor? But not yet stuff like newer hairpin motor and laminated rear windows. If oil pushes above 150 I might just go ahead and put in the order before they start raising prices again.

Model 3s out of U.S. will have the li-on batteries and faster processor? But not yet stuff like newer hairpin motor and laminated rear windows. If oil pushes above 150 I might just go ahead and put in the order before they start raising prices again.
With current lead times, you might as well put in the order now. Who knows when or even if those updates will get to the NA built cars.

RWD received Feb 17th. I have the 12v Li-on and Ryzen. All I need is the latest update and wiper park heating should be activated.

No one received rear laminated windows. Honestly, I don't hear the difference laminated or not.

Reactions: ay221
Thanks. Is the Tesla website somewhat accurate on delivery dates? Says April for the performance.
no its not. its mostly AI/automatic with little human input. you will get several different date ranges throughout the process.

Honestly, I don't hear the difference laminated or not.

i got my 2022 m3p week ago. prior to that i had a 3/2020 build m3p. it did not have the front laminated glass. i can tell you right now the 2022 with the front laminated glass is MUCH quieter than my 3/2020 without. i dont care about the rear since i dont drive in the rear.. :p

Thanks. Is the Tesla website somewhat accurate on delivery dates? Says April for the performance.
It bounces around from what I can tell. I ordered on 3/5 with a delivery estimate of April, next day EDD was changed to May 20-June 17. From what I have read from others experiences I may get it in April, might be May, might be June or later. So sometimes yes, sometimes no. Helpful I know 😀

Reactions: ay221