Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Year 2024 Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EPA numbers are prescribed by EPA, I believe. I don't think Tesla can just change these.
EPA defines the tests but lets manufacturers do them. Manufacturers are allowed to lower the numbers. Another thread here discussed why Tesla ranges are more inflated than other brand/models. One possibility is those other brands chose to lower the claimed range to match their own real-world tests and Tesla reported higher EPA test results that are inherently flawed. That sounds credible since an EPA audit showing Tesla lied would be pretty devastating. If others lowered the numbers from the EPA tests to match real world, seems like a good idea because customers won't be angry or feel mislead.

Just access Tesla website for inventory cars. I see lots of 310 mile range Ys. ev-cpo also lists 85 2024s last time I looked.
Interesting, as ev-cpo doesn't let you select 2024 model year. And I would assume that Tesla reflects ALL MY inventory vehicles with the updated EPA range. As a reminder, Tesla did manufacture 1.85 million vehicles in 2023, while delivering 1.81, so at least some of those 40k vehicles are probably in inventory.

Interesting, as ev-cpo doesn't let you select 2024 model year. And I would assume that Tesla reflects ALL MY inventory vehicles with the updated EPA range. As a reminder, Tesla did manufacture 1.85 million vehicles in 2023, while delivering 1.81, so at least some of those 40k vehicles are probably in inventory.
Yes ev-cpo does let you choose model year. Choose Advance Options.

And no, 2023s show higher range, not 2024 lower range.

As a reminder, the 1.85 million cars is WORLDWIDE, and the Tesla inventory by zipcode is only for the USA.

As of now, there are 245 2024s listed in ev-cpo.

Last edited:
Yes ev-cpo does let you choose model year. Choose Advance Options.

And no, 2023s show higher range, not 2024 lower range.

As a reminder, the 1.85 million cars is WORLDWIDE, and the Tesla inventory by zipcode is only for the USA.
Whatever. I don't believe those are 2024 cars on that website. Doesn't make sense to me that we haven't seen ANYONE here take delivery of a 2024 car, yet they have 80-something 2024s sitting in inventory. I'm playing Doubting Thomas here.

Whatever. I don't believe those are 2024 cars on that website. Doesn't make sense to me that we haven't seen ANYONE here take delivery of a 2024 car, yet they have 80-something 2024s sitting in inventory. I'm playing Doubting Thomas here.
Doubt away, but just for instance look at this one:

No one said sitting in inventory but being available inventory per Tesla. Many if not all are in transit.

But again the whole point was to check that you are getting the color you want as there was overlap into 2024.

Last edited: