Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Molded mud flaps arrived

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve had 2 sets of the plastic molded mud flaps crack and break on me. I ordered the Rally Armor ones as soon as they were available for the Model 3 a few weeks ago. Been perfect! I’ve driven over speed bumps and one of them that previously cracked the Chinese molded ones. These are very high quality flexible polyurethane and flex when they hit. Photos below. Kinda pricey but well worth it in the weather I drive in during winter:View attachment 488387 View attachment 488388 View attachment 488389 View attachment 488390
Love the flexibility and quality, but not the bold free advertising. ;)

I’ve had 2 sets of the plastic molded mud flaps crack and break on me. I ordered the Rally Armor ones as soon as they were available for the Model 3 a few weeks ago. Been perfect! I’ve driven over speed bumps and one of them that previously cracked the Chinese molded ones. These are very high quality flexible polyurethane and flex when they hit. Photos below. Kinda pricey but well worth it in the weather I drive in during winter:View attachment 488387 View attachment 488388 View attachment 488389 View attachment 488390

@webbah Looks good. How was the install and would it lend itself to taking them off each spring? I'm considering them but would like to only run them in the winter.

@webbah Looks good. How was the install and would it lend itself to taking them off each spring? I'm considering them but would like to only run them in the winter.
I had my tuning shop install them for me, but it only took them about 1 hour or so. No drilling required but they do have a more complicated mounting system than the Chinese ones. Here’s the installation guide:

http://www.rallyarmor.com/tesla_instructions/IMF62.pdf

I also will be removing them in Spring. Should be easy-peasey. You can leave the mounting hardware and just remove the bolts to take them off. These also use stainless steel bolts and mounting hardware so there will never be any rust or corrosion.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Muskol
Thanks for the info. I'll probably look at this next spring as I've noticed crap behind them. I had to remove one once, couldn't get the plastic thingy out. Ended up cutting it, as the other solution was to remove the wheel...

Thanks for the info. I'll probably look at this next spring as I've noticed crap behind them. I had to remove one once, couldn't get the plastic thingy out. Ended up cutting it, as the other solution was to remove the wheel...
Yeah, I had to destroy one set of clips to find out the hard way that those plastic clips are meant to be installed once and never removed. It's a terrible clip design. Also hd to be very careful not to scratch the heck out of the paint to get them off. I bought a new set and installed it as per my other post and I'm much happier now.