Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Electric Fun

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla owners and reservation holders!

I purchased a Model S in 2013 and love the car. These forums seem to be good for sharing experiences. I hope it’s alright to share some ideas.

For decades I've been a bicycle enthusiast, riding both road and mountain bikes, and want to share some information with other conservation-minded folks.

In the spirit of using less fossil fuel and continuing to exercise, last year I purchased an electric bike. I completed months of research and test rides and chose a rather expensive model.

I drive my Model S for longer trips, and use the bike for short trips to the grocery store, etc. We feel like electric vehicles are part of an important conservation trend. As a bonus, both the Model S and electric bike are fun!!!

My current electric bike is good but it barely fits into the back of my Model S because the rear wheel can't be (easily) removed. I think this is true of all/most hub-motor electric bikes. And I don’t know if the bike will fit into our new Model 3.

I considered putting a hitch on my Model S. I also considered roof racks. Last week I found a better solution to share with you.

While browsing the internet I found a crowdfunded electric bike. The brand is Flux, here's a link: www.flux.bike

It has quick-release front and rear wheels, and a 13 or 17 ah battery for excellent range up to about 45 miles. With both wheels removed, the bike will easily fit into the back of my Model S and I'll be able to ride in new places away from home. It might even fit into the Model 3. Nice!

I hope this is helpful for others considering a more electric lifestyle.

We're looking forward to receiving our Model 3! Best of luck to everyone!!!

• Informative
Reactions: Lunarx and RIZE
I do. I have a ProdecoTech Phantom X. It's a full-size folding bike. It's one of the few, if not the only FS folding e-Bike that I'm aware of. I bought it secondhand, and had to have about $700 worth of work done to it, including a new motor. It's in the shop currently to get an upgraded chainring (sprocket). I have a trail that goes most of the way from my home to work, and weather-permitting, I love riding into work.

phantomx2v3-full.jpg

Reactions: Lunarx and eAdopter
I do. I have a ProdecoTech Phantom X. It's a full-size folding bike. It's one of the few, if not the only FS folding e-Bike that I'm aware of. I bought it secondhand, and had to have about $700 worth of work done to it, including a new motor. It's in the shop currently to get an upgraded chainring (sprocket). I have a trail that goes most of the way from my home to work, and weather-permitting, I love riding into work.

phantomx2v3-full.jpg
Nice looking bike!