Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More excellent efficiency to report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One week of ownership and I am at 607 miles and 215 wh/mi. (aero wheels)
I did a trip to up to Breckenridge and back, 230 miles round trip, 3000 ft elevation gain and got 201 wh/mi with only 64% battery used! 115.5% efficiency!
That was 55-65 mph hwy speeds most of the way with slowdowns through a handful of towns and over the pass.
Around town i am getting about the same as my leaf, but these highway speed efficiencies have blown me away.

I'd be more confident in your advice if could learn the difference between a kW and a kWh

Look - a typo. Oh, and there’s another one. Oh, dear.

Presumably you meant to type “if I could”, as “if could” is nonsensical, and “if you could” would be unwarranted given that the post provides not “advice” but practical knowledge that remains wholly independent of your level of confidence.

Was there something constructive you wanted to add? Or was sharing your level of confidence in comprehensive posts based upon a typo the best you’ve got?

Here’s some actual advice: See SomeJoe’s excellent post above if you’re still confused about kW and kWh.

Meanwhile, for the purposes of my post, call the units eggplants if you like - for an S/X, as long as you can read the number off the rear hatch and divide by that, you’re good. Remember, we left the “usable” (kWh in the pack) discussion as an exercise for the reader.

Today was day 3 of tracking my work commute energy consumption. Round trip total 36.4mi. @ 185Wh/mi. See below for all the deets.

Drive to work:
IMG_0302.JPG IMG_3827.jpg IMG_3826.jpg

Drive home:
IMG_3554.JPG IMG_3835.jpg IMG_3836.jpg

Total:
IMG_2898.JPG