Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More MCU replacement fun!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SO, the big day arrived and my previously replaced MCU1 was replaced with the new MCU2!!!! SO excited to get in the car and try it out! whoa snappy map updates a working internet browser and oh yeah let me see how the voice control will finally work (pushes steering wheel button).....nothing....hmmm so i go the technician and tell him the issue. "oh, you have a software update waiting, THAT will fix it" Having been lied to about software updates fixing things on at least 20 occasions I was highly doubtful. But realized they were not going to fix this in one visit (like almost every other issue with the car since ive owned it)i went on my way and perforemd the update.

As expected that did not fix the issue but on my way home i had occasion to honk the horn and GUESS WHAT!!!!! The voice command pops up in the dash screen !!!!!!! HOW EXCITITED AMI I!!!!! Now i simply Honk the horn when i want to issue a voice command!!! DAMN ELON THATS F___ING BRILLIANT!!

Whats the over under on the steering wheel controls needing full replacement FOR THE FIFTH TIME!! wohoo another $400 down the Telsa rabbit hole...

#lemon #servicethisbadshouldbefree