Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More praise for Tesla service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car went to the Rockville, MD service center a few days ago for a 12v battery issue. Since I'm quick to criticize Tesla I think it's only fair to also be quick to praise. In this situation a tusami of praise is due. Here's why:

Great communication: the service center stayed in constant touch with me by phone about the nature of the repairs needed and the progress of the work.

Doing more than I asked: The 12v battery had a failed cell so it was replaced. That's all I thought needed to be done but they also told me I had a drivetrain issue (the dreaded milling) which I didn't even notice. They replaced the drivetrain wiithout me even asking.

Accomodating my schedule: The day they picked up my car (valet service) I flew to Chicago for a 3-day conference. The work on the car was completed within 48 hours but I woudn't get home for another day. No problem -- valet service was rescheduled to deliver the car the morning after my midnight arrival home.

This is what top-notch service is all about.

I was on my usual commute when all of a sudden a horrible vibrating noise started. Stopped the car and looked around and under it but no obvious cause. It kept happening, and increased with speed. I called Tesla service and they immediately offered to come get it. I thought I could make the 7 ish miles as other than the noise the car seemed to be driving fine. Took a video on the way in case it stopped, and it did in fact become intermittent. When I arrive at the service center, the head tech got in the car with me and we didn't go more than 20 feet before he heard it. They put it up on the rack and couldn't figure it out, then one of the technician's poked around and solved it.....

When I stopped for a smoothie, someone stuck a Gary Johnson cardboard flyer under the wiper, but so far under that it was under the hood and not visible. And it flapped.... Curse you Gary Johnson!!!!!!!

The SC was great, didn't heap any shame on me, we all had a good laugh, I collected a handful of red lifesavers and was on my way. They have been very responsive every time I had an issue.

I recently noticed a bulge in the tire of my new leased car. I'd had it for more than two weeks before I noticed, but I showed them a picture of it on delivery day that showed the bulge, and they immediately offered to replace it for free. They responded quickly to email, got me scheduled in quickly. They probably squeezed me in between other appointments, so since they couldn't do it immediately they gave me a Tesla loaner (as always). I worked with them on a winter tire set at the same time; Tesla wasn't offering exactly what I wanted by default, but they made it easy to get exactly what I wanted.

Everybody was very friendly and quick, and they washed the car. I know it's not the same at every service center, but I love it here.

So nice to see this thread. While it can be instructive to read reports about poor service it's equally helpful (and encouraging) to read about good experiences as well. After all we don't want the prospective buyers who lurk here to get the wrong idea.

FYI, as I've mentioned before, the folks at my (Salt Lake City) service center have always treated me well.

Reactions: ModelX