Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Wyoming Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This post is intended to be different from“Wyoming is Afraid of EV’s”.
I did a search on Superchargers.info & noticed that Tesla has not added a Supercharger in Wyoming in three years. We drive across Wyoming via I-80 several times a year to visit relatives in Nebraska. It’s doable in our LR Teslas but the weather (wind & cold temps) has a big impact on the range of the vehicles. In a SR it must be a major concern. More Superchargers would really help even for the models with more range. When NACS is phased in there will be pressure on the system as Wyoming doesn’t have enough CCS chargers to transit the state. What is Tesla going to do? Has anyone heard anything?

I have the same problem going East of Yellowstone where it’s a charging desert. I’m hoping with the Cuber Truck coming out and other pickups coming out with NACS that Tesla will start putting in more rural / adventure / national park super chargers. At least chargers on I90 in Montana are being upgraded so maybe a sliver of hope.

Yeah I
Just finished a cross country trip and had to make that drive. Boy was it boring, all the SCs were V2, and heaven forbid if any one of them went down. You'd be screwed.
Yeah I almost had that happen when I was eastbound from Nebraska to Oregon. Rock Springs was offline part of that day. Fortunately it was repaired by the time I got there, & I had to consider howI was going to make it to Evanston. I finally decided that I’d spend the night in Rock Springs but didn’t have to as the Supercharger was repaired in time. That was a really stressful trip & part of the reason I started this thread. Tesla really needs more sites in Wyoming to backup Superchargers & add capacity. I haven’t had to wait for a charging spot but have taken the last spot a couple of times.

Yeah I

Yeah I almost had that happen when I was eastbound from Nebraska to Oregon. Rock Springs was offline part of that day. Fortunately it was repaired by the time I got there, & I had to consider howI was going to make it to Evanston. I finally decided that I’d spend the night in Rock Springs but didn’t have to as the Supercharger was repaired in time. That was a really stressful trip & part of the reason I started this thread. Tesla really needs more sites in Wyoming to backup Superchargers & add capacity. I haven’t had to wait for a charging spot but have taken the last spot a couple of times.
Is there a "Wyoming hates EVs" narrative going on?

• Funny
Reactions: IronCoffee_Max