Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MOT Bedford or MK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Don’t suppose anyone has any recommendations of a garage in Bedford (or perhaps MK) that’s a known quantity for doing an MOT on a Model 3?

Hoping to find a garage that has done it before and won’t be trying to jack it up by the battery pack etc.!

Thanks

Northampton isn't too far from you and I used Sheltune there back in August for my first MOT. I was in the same position as you, bothered that the garage would know how to treat a Tesla, so I asked a mobile tech from the Northampton Tesla service centre when he came out for a service visit and he told me that they use Sheltune. I had no issues at all and will use them next year.

• Informative
Reactions: 15Peter20
Try MOT stations which do Class 7 stuff and may well have a pit rather than 2 post lifts perhaps.

Or VW MK which is a main EV repair centre IIRC, they should at least be used to EVs, same should go for the likes of Nissan, Kia and Hyundai.

Almost certain the service centres don’t do MOTs unfortunately.

I’m going to the MK one on Saturday for a warranty fix so hoping there’s someone there who can recommend a place.
Tesla service centres won't because to be able to offer MOTs sites need to be able to do the emissions testing required by ICE vehicles. I think its perfectly reasonable for Tesla to decide nope we're not spending money on equipment that is 100% useless for an EV.

In'n'Out Autocentre over in MK / Kingston is where I used to take my Model X when we lived in Bedford.

Tried a couple of places in Bedford itself and they found all sorts of excuses to avoid the work such as ramp not big enough for electric cars.

found all sorts of excuses to avoid the work such as ramp not big enough for electric cars

Dropped mine (MS) off, some years back now, at Halfords for an MOT. They phoned me up "Sorry, it won't fit on our ramp".

It would have fitted on any other ramp they had there, just not the one they use for MOTs ... and, of course, Regs means they can't use any other ramp ...