Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor shutdown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y little over a year old. 15k miles with essentially no problems. Entered car to drive 3 days ago but would not shift to drive forward or reverse. Red oval warning on screen to pull over to safe place because rear motor was temporarily shutting down…car was in park. Tried rebooting but came back to same screen and situation. Called roadside service. After getting info for my car they reported id’ing same warming for my car on their end. My phone call was going thru vehicle…crackling on phone…lost call…screen went blank then came back on with vehicle working normally. Appointment scheduled for evaluation. Anyone else with this warning? Lasted about 10 minutes that Y could not be used.

I had this issue happen 3 times. The third being with me on the side of the higheay after stopping to check on a motorist who was in an accident. 6 weeks later I got the car back and sold it within 5 days. I may or may not get another tesla in the future but that was the only time ive ever been stranded by a vehicle other than a 25 year old Jeep that lost an engine but at nearly 400k I understood it

Upvote 0
Not sure what the heat pump would have had to do with your issues since that's related to temperature regulation (most a/c units are heat pumps)... maybe battery is not getting conditioned properly? But the wiring harness is essentially all the wires that go from the battery to all your stuff that requires electricity. If parts of that was faulty, it makes sense the car would have lost functionality. Think nerves in your body.... if one suddenly gets pinched or severed, you may not necessarily immediately die or anything but you might lose function/control over certain body parts.

Upvote 0