Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Trend names Model S Ultimate COTY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They took all 70 COTY's (actually more because they used to do domestic and import each year), selected the best of each decade, then the best of those best.

I think what he's saying is that the title is misleading. It should be "greatest car of all time" or something similar as "Ultimate Car of the Year" is a misleading headline since it's not a singular year as it indicates.

Reactions: JerryEVall
I've been thinking about swapping out my 2013 MS P85+ with a new MS for sometime now, but it's as enjoyable and low maintenance to drive now as it was when I purchased it six years ago. With all the back and forth about pending "refreshes," (however you want to define it) and various issues with some of the newer technological bells and whistles, build quality and customer experience, I'm thinking more and more about just being happy with the wonderful vehicle I already have.

I've been thinking about swapping out my 2013 MS P85+ with a new MS for sometime now, but it's as enjoyable and low maintenance to drive now as it was when I purchased it six years ago. With all the back and forth about pending "refreshes," (however you want to define it) and various issues with some of the newer technological bells and whistles, build quality and customer experience, I'm thinking more and more about just being happy with the wonderful vehicle I already have.

I keep thinking I'd just want another RWD S (P3 and roadster too)
If you do consider selling...mmmm +. what color is that ;)

• Funny
I know the feeling. I have a 17 MS 75D. For some reason I keep thinking I would like to have the 100D, mostly for the extra range. Though I have only taken two road trips, they were "white knuckle". I had enough juice to get to my destination but not enough to drive around while there without anxiety. That said, most of the time I do less than 50 miles per day locally, so the trade up, for all the reasons you mentioned, and the extra money probably isn't a sound choice.

I keep thinking I'd just want another RWD S (P3 and roadster too)
If you do consider selling...mmmm +. what color is that ;)
It's black, and very well taken care of. I'll post it on here if I do end up going the sell route in the future. The only reason I'd plan to trade it in is if they offer a deal like they did with Raven -- e.g., free ludicrous mode for existing owners.

Now that is one great article that people should pause and think twice about buying an ICE vehicle.
Good point. For me personally, I'm finally at the point where I realize buying an ICE vehicle is an exercise in "What the he!! were you thinking? What you're getting is dinosaur technology." Or at least tech going back to around 1890.

Attachments

• William_Edward_Penny_Ice_Wagon.jpg
    William_Edward_Penny_Ice_Wagon.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 64
This is the last car I expect to own. By the time I would normally buy my next new car, robotaxis will be too common/cheap and no one will be buying cars except as toys. Heck human-driven cars may not even be legal in some places or certain times of day. This isn't just Musk talking; futurists have been predicting this to happen by the mid-2020's for years now.