TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Moved to PA...no more front plate

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Maximapolak, Sep 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Maximapolak

Maximapolak Member

I moved from Jersey to PA recently and look how happy the S looks without a front plate. Also, insurance is cheaper by about $250 per year and 10 minutes from a supercharger.

Love it.

1B3B0364-7D95-4D75-A3CC-29EE4105E857.jpeg

• Like x 1
  2. futurem3owner

futurem3owner 2017 90D

Was so happy to have mine removed too. On delivery day, I asked if the service center here in PA could take it off but they said that they're not allowed to. I was afraid that I was going to have to remove it myself since the process wasn't all that simple so, went to a detailer to have PPF installed and they removed it prior to Xpel application. Looks so much sharper now!

IMG_0275.JPG

• Like x 1
  3. ABVA

ABVA Member

Looks like she is ready to Go Full Force:):):)

4. Buddyroe

Buddyroe Member

Why would that matter?

5. Chaserr

Chaserr Member

It's certainly nicer to quickcharge when you've already used the whole battery and need to head out again immediately. For me, that's a 100A feed in the garage but if I could increase that charge rate by 500% or more I definitely would, it would save me those days when I have to fall back and use the backup Prius because the Tesla is going to take too long to charge.

6. tpham07

tpham07 Member

whats wrong with living near a supercharger? I live in Louisiana and have suffered several power failures so having a backup place to charge nearby was nice...

7. Barklikeadog

Barklikeadog Member

heh.
    Friend of mine back in the day who was a state rep was BSing with me: what would you push for in my shoes? lower taxes? more school spending?
    I said: Eliminate front license plates... you'll make a lot of people slightly happier and their cars will look 1000x better adding to their happiness.

Following month: Sorry, police departments are dead set against that.
    Really? Eliminating front plates will cause an orgy of crime? :mad:

• Funny x 1
  8. fallen888

fallen888 Member.. hehe, I said "member"

Jersey babies their residents. They're not even allowed to pump their own gas. :)