Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Moving to New Brunswick

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am moving to New Brunswick next month and wanted to ask what Tesla owners in the Atlantic provinces do for service needs. I understand that the nearest Tesla SC is in Quebec City. I have heard mention of Rangers; can anyone explain how this works, and what service procedures they may handle?

One mobile service tech is based in Moncton, and another in Halifax. They can do pretty much anything on the cars that they don't need a hoist for. They also have some garage in Halifax that you can go to for things (not an official service centre yet).

They will work in your driveway or work parking lot. So convenient. I've had them replace small parts, upgrade the FSD computer, replace a control arm, rotate tires all in my yard or my work parking lot. No need to travel anywhere or get a drive to work when they come to you.

Reactions: richyrich
Upvote 0
That is great news! Re are relocating to Saint John, so I assume the Moncton tech would handle any service calls in our area. We have a 2020 MYLR and it has been trouble free (except for some internal rattles). We had the brakes serviced before the move. We just added a 2022 MYP to replace our last ICE vehicle, so I was a bit nervous about the lack of Tesla service centres out east. Hopefully, as more Teslas are registered, they will add a centre at some point.

Upvote 0
One mobile service tech is based in Moncton, and another in Halifax. They can do pretty much anything on the cars that they don't need a hoist for. They also have some garage in Halifax that you can go to for things (not an official service centre yet).

They will work in your driveway or work parking lot. So convenient. I've had them replace small parts, upgrade the FSD computer, replace a control arm, rotate tires all in my yard or my work parking lot. No need to travel anywhere or get a drive to work when they come to you.
Tesla is working out of the approved body shop in Bedford NS: Chapman’s automotive. They’re renting a couple of bays there for work, and have some space to keep parts locally.

The two rangers in the area have schedules for keeping in touch with each of the four Atlantic provinces, but I can quite remember the details. I think it’s NS at the beginning of the week, NB & PEI around the middle of the week and NFLD at the end of the week, but don’t quote me on that. 😝

There’s also a third party EV sales and service chain expanding in the region called AllEV.

Upvote 0
This is a useful thread for anyone from New Brunswick who may be considering a Tesla purchase. My sister, who lives in Fredericton, is considering ordering a Model 3 or Model Y. I contacted Tesla via their online form to ask about their mobile service policy in NB. I got a callback 2 hours later, and their representative said that for any location that is more than 250 miles from a service center, they will service the car using mobile service.

This seems to mean that mobile service in NB will take on larger tasks than they would in my area, where mobile service is also preferred, but larger service tasks are sent to a local service center. In this case, Fredericton to Tesla in Bedford, NS is a little over 250 miles.

Upvote 0
I just spent a week in Woodstock, NB visiting family. We did a couple of short drives up to Centerville/Knoxville area one day and Hartland another, plus the drives from and two the Fredericton airport, and I think I could likely count the number of Teslas I saw on one hand, lol. Contrast that to where I live in the Vancouver area where you literally see them ev-ry-where!

I'm guessing Moncton, Saint John, and Fredericton (I spent almost no time there, just between the Trans-Canada hwy and the airport in Lincoln) would actually have quite a few. But in the more rural areas and little towns, forget about it.

Upvote 0
Tesla is working out of the approved body shop in Bedford NS: Chapman’s automotive. They’re renting a couple of bays there for work, and have some space to keep parts locally.

The two rangers in the area have schedules for keeping in touch with each of the four Atlantic provinces, but I can quite remember the details. I think it’s NS at the beginning of the week, NB & PEI around the middle of the week and NFLD at the end of the week, but don’t quote me on that. 😝

There’s also a third party EV sales and service chain expanding in the region called AllEV.
All EV was taken over by Steele Auto last year then the dedicated EV sales were scrapped. Maybe the service still exists, but I doubt it based on the news articles. They didn't even keep the dedicated website, and that's incredibly easy to maintain. They probably did not want people to assume they were familiar with EVs, so they could keep promoting more profitable ICE service. Everyone Lismore than happy to sell and work on TVs but the willingness to train and have dedicated staff is a whole other level.

Upvote 0
I just spent a week in Woodstock, NB visiting family. We did a couple of short drives up to Centerville/Knoxville area one day and Hartland another, plus the drives from and two the Fredericton airport, and I think I could likely count the number of Teslas I saw on one hand, lol. Contrast that to where I live in the Vancouver area where you literally see them ev-ry-where!

I'm guessing Moncton, Saint John, and Fredericton (I spent almost no time there, just between the Trans-Canada hwy and the airport in Lincoln) would actually have quite a few. But in the more rural areas and little towns, forget about it.
I've lived in NB for decades. About Saint John, you would be wrong. Nearly everyone including the power utility work as Irving Oil affiliates. There isn't level 3 charger for non-teslas within 20 minutes of the city. I worked there for a summer and barely oversaw a Tesla. It's a professional EV desert. Plenty of Tesla and Level 2 chargers around, just few people using them. The rest of the province get promotions from NB power to switch to EVs, and more chargers. Overall, we have a bit higher adoption level than the US, but way behind the rest of Canada and Western Europe. It'll be much easier with the true NACS standard rollout now that early every manufacturer is making those EVs.

Fredericton has quite a number of Teslas, and Moncton is "the" Hub City (also much closer to Bedford, NS the nearest service garage.)

• Informative
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Upvote 0