Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That would be great news if true because removing wheels is easy... My mechanic said he had to drop the rear control arm to make adjustments to the rear shock. Is there a trick to this he didn’t know about?

The spring is somewhat compressedeven when the wheel is off the ground, so you need to remove the bolt that holds the control arm to the spindle in order to decompress the spring. It requires a 21mm wrench, I should have mentioned that in the previous post!

@SD_Engnr
Yes, owners are claiming less roll, but the seller does not, so I wanted his take on these reports.
We are very careful about what we claim/promise people when it comes to things like this. We should probably talk ourselves up more, but it really isn't our style. I guess we aren't great salesmen!

The springs are very close in spring rate to stock, but since they are linear springs, you will notice less floatiness and better response. When I drive the car back to back I think it has less body roll, but Sasha is not so sure, so we err on the side of caution!

• Informative
Reactions: skrtskrt
@SD_Engnr
Yes, owners are claiming less roll, but the seller does not, so I wanted his take on these reports.
MP already gave their answer but I’m here to say I think the body roll is very controlled and subtle. I’ve taken many hard underbanked turns and the car is super composed. It is much more responsive and composed than stock. My biggest complaint in hard turns is actually the lack of sufficient side bolsters in the seat not body roll.

The spring is somewhat compressedeven when the wheel is off the ground, so you need to remove the bolt that holds the control arm to the spindle in order to decompress the spring. It requires a 21mm wrench, I should have mentioned that in the previous post!
Thanks. Does re-compressing and reassembling require a spring compressor?

MP already gave their answer but I’m here to say I think the body roll is very controlled and subtle. I’ve taken many hard underbanked turns and the car is super composed. It is much more responsive and composed than stock. My biggest complaint in hard turns is actually the lack of sufficient side bolsters in the seat not body roll.

Thanks. Does re-compressing and reassembling require a spring compressor?

Nope! When the arm is lowered the spring can be placed back in position, then using the floor jack you lift the arm back up into position, which compresses the spring. For the front, no disassembly is required, you just use the provided spanner to adjust the perch up and down.

I thought with these you also adjust preload to get them to stock height though. Also, I thought that was clearly not recommended to set that much preload.

The problem with setting them very high is a lack of suspension droop, which will affect the ride quality. The primary focus of the coilovers is to offer a solution for lowering the Model 3 without compromising ride quality. Fixing the stock ride quality at stock ride height was not our goal.

Nope! When the arm is lowered the spring can be placed back in position, then using the floor jack you lift the arm back up into position, which compresses the spring. For the front, no disassembly is required, you just use the provided spanner to adjust the perch up and down.
Ok this gives me much more confidence in adjusting them myself. Do you have any kind of guide or instructions for adjustments? I’m pretty handy but it’s always nice to know what to expect.

This is going to be my first time having coilovers installed. Does anyone know how to dial in exact ride height on these? I'm looking specifically at a 1" drop. How do I tell the people installing it? Also, are they set to a specific height from MPP?

Read MPP installation instructions. Increase the perch offset distance to increase the ride height.

MPP Coilover Installation Instructions

Reactions: P-Lo801