Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilover reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I have been reading, including posts by MountainPass, it looks like there's more to it.

- Your ride adjustable sport dampeners are harder riding than your comfort dampeners even on the lowest setting...Not good for people like me.

- Your comfort dampeners ride harder if you set them to leave the car at factory ride height...Not good for people like me.

So what do you have for max comfort AND quality of ride without lowering? The stock M3 isn't too harsh for me on surface roads, but the dampeners are super low quality and the suspension just behaves very poorly at 70+mph with the pogoing that others have described.

The M2 a horrible ride for a 4,000lb car. And I get that other people have come from really crappy cars, so anything new is an upgrade for them, but I am coming from a 4,000lb Jaguar XF that had a very sporty suspension but was just incredible at smooth cruising and taking bumps with such grace and poise. There wasn't anything fancy my XF dampeners or spring setup - i.e. no air spring or electronically adjustable dampening. And I had the same 19" wheel diameter on the Jag.

Since the M3 is the same weight, and has nice link setups, I would think it should be able to ride as well as the Jag changing to the right springs and dampeners.

What you articulated here in a sense is the triumph of prejudice/pre-judging and belief over any version of Hands-On or actual experience. Why don't you actually try a properly set up car (Performance DM 3) that has either the MPP sport or Comfort coilover setup before you conclude that it's open quotes not for you close quotes. Even better yet one with much lighter weight Wheels because a big problem for the model 3 Performance versions is the 29 lb of unsprung weight in the cast OEM wheel. Those two changes literally transform the car improving its ride and moving its handling into another universe. My car rides better than stock but will pull 1.1 G's on a skid pad. And more than various classic and easily obtained metrics, what's changed that's harder to index is its stability at speed and its transient response.

• Love
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Finished installing MPP Comfort coil overs
8FA6546A-1EEC-4D7B-A80E-D7A7A2429C32.jpeg
79B7EC05-60BF-4EC2-88CB-6358764E081E.jpeg
a few days ago and man what a difference !
I had been driving with Eibach 1” drop springs with cut Back bump stops. The stock shocks were defiantly over dampened and even with cut back bump stops it often hit them.
The freeway ride is so much smoother and obsorbs sharp bumps with ease. Also when you pull into driveways it no longer kicks back harshly from hitting the stops.
Great job MPP !

After driving maybe 100 miles this weekend on my newly installed Eibach springs on my SR+ I've ordered the MPP comfort coil over kit this morning. Man, at my age and as many cars as I've modified I should have known the cheaper route would just end up costing me more money in the end. Oh well. Look forward to joining the MPP comfort coil over community!

What was the problem with the springs?

After driving maybe 100 miles this weekend on my newly installed Eibach springs on my SR+ I've ordered the MPP comfort coil over kit this morning. Man, at my age and as many cars as I've modified I should have known the cheaper route would just end up costing me more money in the end. Oh well. Look forward to joining the MPP comfort coil over community!
Let us know your opinion after the install. Did you order the regular comforts or the hybrids?

Finished installing MPP Comfort coil overs View attachment 530873 View attachment 530874 a few days ago and man what a difference !
I had been driving with Eibach 1” drop springs with cut Back bump stops. The stock shocks were defiantly over dampened and even with cut back bump stops it often hit them.
The freeway ride is so much smoother and obsorbs sharp bumps with ease. Also when you pull into driveways it no longer kicks back harshly from hitting the stops.
Great job MPP !
Think you have your front coil overs on the wrong sides.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
Do these improve ride quality for an Aug build Model 3?

What’s the downside to adding these other than cost?

Customer feedback on the MPP Comfort we have sold and installed are the ride is definitely better than stock. One customer even said the best way he can describe it is that all the rattling noise he used to hear are all gone.

There is definitely more rebound control with the MPP coilovers therefore the vehicle feels more surefooted around bumping corners.

Reactions: MountainPass
Long time lurker here. I got in on the initial release of the Comfort Coilovers and had them installed in my LR AWD. The ride was smooth and compliant which I was mainly looking for. The coilovers soaked up the bumps well. I eventually sold the LR and bought a P. I have Eibach springs on the P and it's a noticeable difference. The little imperfections are decently soaked up by the dampers but what was most noticeable was hitting dips and raised lips on the road at freeway speeds. You would get thrown up and back down in a jarring manner. The springs are just too much for the stock dampers to handle, most noticeably for the big bumps. For little street imperfections, they're fine. The Eibachs are already considered a mild drop. I can't imagine how bad the ride is for the other springs that slam your car like H&R and UP.
Having a properly matched spring damper set is paramount if you want comfort. I'll likely swap the springs out for another set of Comforts.