Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MPP Comfort Coilovers - How Much More Comfortable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model 3 Stealth Performance had plenty of straight line acceleration but the stock suspension was not great on normal road bumps and on winding hill drives.
I tried the Eibach Pro Plus Kit (Lowering springs and Sway bars). The look was great (battery to ground 111 to 115mm) but performance on the hill drive was, on average, worse :(. Especially on corners with bumps / off camber.
I fitted the MPP FLCA solid bearings and MPP FLCR Inserts. Stearing into corners was now clinical, so much more precise. Magic :)
This convinced me to purchase a fit the MPP Comfort Adjustable coilovers:
- I replaced the stiffer Eibach sway bars with the standard Tesla sway bars.
- I set the ride height (battery to ground) to 138mm. Quite high, but the same as the new Highland Model 3.
- I set compression / rebound to the recommended 12 / 12.
Normal road bumps are fine but winding hill drives are now magic. The hill drives just feels right, how far can I push this...
Love it...
Yes that's pretty much how we felt after installing the MPP Sport and Comfort adjustable kits. I got the Sport and my wife got the Comfort. My sport kit is set moderately street-firm at 10/8 while my wife's car with the Comfort kit is set at 12/10. The ride is still amazingly supple on her car. Going to 12/10 from 12/12 picked up a little bit of extra suppression of any kind of floatiness. It's really planted but very comfortable. And those solid bearings on the front lower control arm just make the steering so responsive. Quite amazing how much of a difference those two things together make.

And you are probably the 50th person to mention starting with Springs and realizing that it wasn't helping and then going to MPP kits and just loving the results.

My Model 3 Stealth Performance had plenty of straight line acceleration but the stock suspension was not great on normal road bumps and on winding hill drives.
I tried the Eibach Pro Plus Kit (Lowering springs and Sway bars). The look was great (battery to ground 111 to 115mm) but performance on the hill drive was, on average, worse :(. Especially on corners with bumps / off camber.
I fitted the MPP FLCA solid bearings and MPP FLCR Inserts. Stearing into corners was now clinical, so much more precise. Magic :)
- I set the ride height (battery to ground) to 138mm. Quite high, but the same as the new Highland Model 3.
Normal road bumps are fine but winding hill drives are now magic. The hill drives just feels right, how far can I push this...
Love it...
Great feedback - what wheel/tire are you running now?

Great feedback - what wheel/tire are you running now?
Michelin PS4s 245/35R19 on Rays Homura 2x7 19'' offset +45.

Not the lightest wheel, but I like the look.
I increased the 'battery to ground' clearance from 111mm to 138mm (same as the new Highland Model 3).
Now I can stop worrying about ground clearance :) and it still handles well on the hills.
MPP KW V3 138mm.JPG

Reactions: MountainPass
Love it...

Thank you so much for the great feedback! We really appreciate it and are glad to hear you're enjoying your car more than ever.

Cheers from the other side of the planet!

Reactions: T3SLA3