Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ugh. I just got off the phone with a guy at my local store.

There are no 2018s nor 2019s left, at least not in the Mid-Atlantic, and seemingly anywhere. My match profile isn't specifically "2019-only", its any MR with my color and wheel choice. And it simply won't match. The one match I had on Saturday for a Dec 30 made car was already delivered to another customer (wow, so fast!). So now i'm left unmatched, which he said he doesn't see often.

He's going to try to see if they can offer me a deal on a long-range. I cited the premium interior as my main reason for wanting MR over SR+. But since there aren't any on the lot, it unlikely they can work me a deal.

Also, they've not been told how to handle MR orders that won't match due to low inventory. Meaning they don't have the directive from HQ to match customers to LR.

The good news is that they're highly incentivized to get this all resolved by the end of the quarter.
I hope they resolve it soon, it will take a week’s boat ride to get to me before the quarter ends.

I ordered a MR Pearl White, black/white interior on February 7, 2019. So far nothing on delivery beyond an RN#. All required info was complete at the the time the order was placed. Telephone calls to representatives are a waste of both the representatives time and mine. They're trying to do a job without any support from the back end. I admire Musk and the cars but the business appears to operate on "Ready, Fire, Aim". Our Audi lease is up April 4th and we were assured when we ordered the Tesla that 4 to 6 weeks would be adequate for the Tesla delivery. Extremely frustrating.

I ordered a MR Pearl White, black/white interior on February 7, 2019. So far nothing on delivery beyond an RN#. All required info was complete at the the time the order was placed. Telephone calls to representatives are a waste of both the representatives time and mine. They're trying to do a job without any support from the back end. I admire Musk and the cars but the business appears to operate on "Ready, Fire, Aim". Our Audi lease is up April 4th and we were assured when we ordered the Tesla that 4 to 6 weeks would be adequate for the Tesla delivery. Extremely frustrating.

I have the same order and posts like this make me worry. I don’t know how I can be assured a within 2 week delivery when you have been waiting months. The white interior is definitely the holdback. They been telling me North America cars are now the aim and Tesla was not making any cars for us last several months. It makes sense based on the lengthy waits but I don’t know what to trust from this company.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Interesting about the white interior.

I ordered Black/Black/19"/AP and I keep getting paired with white interiors. 3 different black exterior with white interior, and then yesterday was asked if I'd be interested in blue with the white interior.

Ordered a MR on 3/11, and got offered a 2018 VIN a few days later. Rejected and now playing the waiting game. They did not want to give any discounts on the 2018, so it did not make any sense... Even though they do not make MR's anymore, they still have to legally honor what I originally bought right? Meaning they can't say, sorry no 2019 MR but you can pay $3-5K more for a LR..

in 99% of the "auto industry" a car built in dec of 2018, is a 2019 model.

just throwing that out there for all you people passing on an "up front" ~$4,000 savings.
you'll never see $4,000 extra for it being a mar 19 build vs a dec 18 build.

ever.

warning: this post is heavily tainted with over 35 years of personal experience in the buying and selling of used cars.

Reactions: EinSV
in 99% of the "auto industry" a car built in dec of 2018, is a 2019 model.

just throwing that out there for all you people passing on an "up front" ~$4,000 savings.
you'll never see $4,000 extra for it being a mar 19 build vs a dec 18 build.

ever.

warning: this post is heavily tainted with over 35 years of personal experience in the buying and selling of used cars.

Agreed. Once you are selling it down the road, you won’t see much of a price difference unless you plan to sell it within the first 2 years.

Reactions: Olds442