Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a call about my existing order and was told they're no longer making MR's. I was offered an upgrade to LR for 3K, but my paint choice (white - $2000) is now comped. Basically, this means I am getting the MR car I ordered as a LR for $1,000 extra. I'm happy with this. 325 miles vs 260 for an additional grand? Oh yes.

I read the earlier post about Tesla making no more MRs and thought "ouch." If they're comping a $2K paint option, for a net $1K price increase, I can live with that. (I'm in the same boat as you -- a white MR on order.) I'd hate to be somebody who wanted a black/black model because they like black, though, unless Tesla offered some other excuse to drop the price of the LR upgrade.

So far, though, I've received no calls about Tesla not honoring my MR configuration. I did receive a text earlier today telling me that I needed to submit my driver's license, which I'd already done. I talked to a sales associate who said that the scan I'd sent was in one of their systems but not another; apparently their computers don't always talk to one another.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
FWIW, I got The Call a few minutes ago. It was confusing. The sales person said that the MR was no longer available and suggested I either downgrade to an SR+ or upgrade to an LR RWD. I asked if I could get a price break on the LR and she said "absolutely," then proceeded to lay out a confusing combination of a $1500 discount on my white paint option and a $1500 discount on my wheels -- but I ordered the stock 18-inch wheels, so I thought she was suggesting that Tesla would throw in the 19-inch wheels for free, which I don't want. I asked for clarification on this three or four times, but didn't get it, except to say that I'd be getting a car with the 18-inch wheels that I want. She did assure me that I'd get a car exactly as I'd configured it, except for the upgrade from MR to LR RWD, for exactly the price it had been when I ordered it last week ($51,000). I therefore approved the change, despite my continuing utter lack of understanding about how I can get a $1500 discount on an item that's standard and has a price of $0. (They're paying me to take the 18-inch wheels?)

So far the change has not appeared on my account page, but the rep said that it likely wouldn't show up there for a day or so.

Anyhow, if Tesla follows through with this in the way I understand it, then I'll be a happy camper. I guess I'll have to wait another day or two to see what shows up on my account's order summary page, though....

Reactions: InParadise
FWIW, I got The Call a few minutes ago. It was confusing. The sales person said that the MR was no longer available and suggested I either downgrade to an SR+ or upgrade to an LR RWD. I asked if I could get a price break on the LR and she said "absolutely," then proceeded to lay out a confusing combination of a $1500 discount on my white paint option and a $1500 discount on my wheels -- but I ordered the stock 18-inch wheels, so I thought she was suggesting that Tesla would throw in the 19-inch wheels for free, which I don't want. I asked for clarification on this three or four times, but didn't get it, except to say that I'd be getting a car with the 18-inch wheels that I want. She did assure me that I'd get a car exactly as I'd configured it, except for the upgrade from MR to LR RWD, for exactly the price it had been when I ordered it last week ($51,000). I therefore approved the change, despite my continuing utter lack of understanding about how I can get a $1500 discount on an item that's standard and has a price of $0. (They're paying me to take the 18-inch wheels?)

So far the change has not appeared on my account page, but the rep said that it likely wouldn't show up there for a day or so.

Anyhow, if Tesla follows through with this in the way I understand it, then I'll be a happy camper. I guess I'll have to wait another day or two to see what shows up on my account's order summary page, though....
Congrats! now I feel like a teenage girl waiting for my prom date to call.

• Funny
Reactions: Ash23T

I got the call today as well. Ordered 3/15 a blue/back MR w 19s and AP. Getting a LR with free paint and wheels. Net result is a $100 adder here in Canada.

I got the call today as well. Ordered 3/15 a blue/back MR w 19s and AP. Getting a LR with free paint and wheels. Net result is a $100 adder here in Canada.
So it looks like they're comping your paint at $1500 and wheels at $1500 and making you pay basically nothing?

It seems like their approach is to upgrade you from MR -> LR for $3k, less any extras you paid on top of a black car with 18" aeros.

It seems like they're able to comp paints and wheels only. If that's the case, I might ask for White or Red with 19"s and I'll pay the $1500 difference. I ordered Midnight Silver with 18". Getting red/white with 19" would be a $3500-$4000 value and I'd only have to pay $1500 extra. :thinkingface: