Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mud Flaps Gen 2 no drilling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have seen these on the RPMTesla site. Considering buying them. Does anyone have any experience of them - installed them?

If yes then were they really easy to install?
How do they look - picture if you can please?
Happy with their effectiveness?
Any issues with speedbumps in the cases of the more 'shorter, sharper peaked bumps' (for want of better way to describe).
Thanks,

We have them in stock with all car body colors and I also installed one set for my white M3, till now almost 4 months without any issue noticed. the installation takes 5 mins per pieces when I did for the first time.
the car looks noticeably different when you look at it from behind, for me it looks better but maybe for some people they’d prefer the original shape :D

Reactions: TheManofMead
There's nothing very daunting about the mud flaps that require drilling. You are only drilling/screwing into the plastic liner in the wheel well.

The idiots that installed mine (at the same time as a front wrap) didn't drill or use the included screw. They haven't fallen off in 300 miles.

The idiots that installed mine (at the same time as a front wrap) didn't drill or use the included screw. They haven't fallen off in 300 miles.

The supplied screw apparently rusts out quite quickly so I didn't bother to put in the top screw (especially as the mud flaps were incorrectly supplied so were just a temporary solution until I got some more flexible ones), but get a decent SS equivalent. Long story short, I didn't get the SS due to ordering issues, so we have done probably 4000+ miles on ours with no top fixing and no ill effect. We are PPF'd up there though to about 1cm from top, so rubbing not an issue. I suspect some decent double sided tape may be a good alternative, or just find the link to the recommended SS screw and try a small order again. I don't recommend not fixing the top (especially if you don't have ppf), but just saying that other alternatives to the supplied fixing may work well for the original version.

Last edited:
That would be good thanks, I have watched an install of white flaps on white car but do want to see the black flaps on white car (mine is white) and my gut feeling is the black/white contrast will be better than white/white.
My buddy looked at the bottom of my car (white flaps on white M3) and said it’s a bit like a wash machine, I cannot get rid of this from my head since then, damn him:confused:

• Funny
Here’s some fitted.
652835B0-7673-42D4-A0D8-F75488E903B9.jpeg

For the avoidance of doubt, here are the much discussed 14mm screws, Philips head with captive washer. Stainless would be ideal but not a deal killer.

Thanks for the pix, i3m3Andrew, saved me crawling around under the car tomorrow ;-)

Heavy Rain, I'm not sure if the white flaps are better. They are certainly more visible against the tyre.

Crumbs! I just realised that after I get the car raised I'd better take the mud flaps off before I head up my mountain track in Catalunya :-(

Attachments

• IMAG1563.jpg
    IMAG1563.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 38
I had a set from Amazon and they helped keep the car much cleaner, however I went over a temporary speed hump (for roadworks), very slowly and the fronts caught and smashed, also took some paint off the wings so I have removed the remains of them and won't be replacing them. I have left the rears on and may look at the Tesla ones which I believe are rubber so will flex? I do have the Performance so it does sit slightly lower than SR and LR

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
I had a set from Amazon and they helped keep the car much cleaner, however I went over a temporary speed hump (for roadworks), very slowly and the fronts caught and smashed, also took some paint off the wings so I have removed the remains of them and won't be replacing them. I have left the rears on and may look at the Tesla ones which I believe are rubber so will flex? I do have the Performance so it does sit slightly lower than SR and LR
Yes those type of speed humps are my main reservation. M3P here too so like you say that little bit lower to the ground.