Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple HomeLink via Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have multiple HomeLinks stored in their car, at different locations, and able to control them via the cellphone app?

I have my home garage stored, and can control it via the app, so long as the car and I are within range of my garage.
I added my friend's garage, and can control it via the car, but I never get the HomeLink icon within the app, while at that location.

Anyone else have multiple HomeLinks stored in their car, at different locations, and able to control them via the cellphone app?

I have my home garage stored, and can control it via the app, so long as the car and I are within range of my garage.
I added my friend's garage, and can control it via the car, but I never get the HomeLink icon within the app, while at that location.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. As far as I know, the Tesla app does not offer any access to Homelink settings.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. As far as I know, the Tesla app does not offer any access to Homelink settings.
I didn't say anything about settings... I said "control". You can most definitely control your HomeLink device via the app, so long as you and your car are within proximately of it. The question I have is, when you add a second HomeLink to the car, which happens to be at a different location, why the HomeLink icon is not appearing in the app while within proximity... Are others experiencing this, or is it just me??

Attached is a screenshot of the old app, but the new app has the same icon in the same location. As @croman stated, it appears on the Summon screen.
HomeLinkApp.jpg

<BUMP!>
Am I the only Tesla owner on the forum that has multiple HomeLinks setup, at different locations, and uses the Tesla App?
I'd love to get some feedback from anyone else with this setup, to know if this is a global issue, or just with my car.
Thanks!!

<BUMP!>
Am I the only Tesla owner on the forum that has multiple HomeLinks setup, at different locations, and uses the Tesla App?
I'd love to get some feedback from anyone else with this setup, to know if this is a global issue, or just with my car.
Thanks!!

I’m experiencing this with two Tesla’s in the same location. Only one car will show the homelink icon on its summon page in the app. It’s missing from the other one. Have one car with AP1 and the other is EAP.

I’m experiencing this with two Tesla’s in the same location. Only one car will show the homelink icon on its summon page in the app. It’s missing from the other one. Have one car with AP1 and the other is EAP.
Hi skitown! This sounds like it might be a different issue...

On your vehicle that isn't giving you the HomeLink icon:
1. Make sure it is parked in, or in-front of, the garage you have programmed.
2. Double check it has your location correct by zooming into the map on your car.
3. Go into the HomeLink settings on your car for that garage.
4. Press the blue labelled "Reset Location".

See if this helps. It sounds like it just has the location wrong for that saved garage.
It won't display the HomeLink icon on the app if you are not within close proximity to your primary garage.

The issue I am experiencing, is that it will only display for the first (primary) garage saved in the HomeLink settings.
If you have more than one HomeLink entry saved in this car, that may be it also, if it is not the first entry.