TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Multiple HomeLink via Tesla App

Discussion in 'Model S' started by JohnnyG, Feb 28, 2017.

1. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

Anyone else have multiple HomeLinks stored in their car, at different locations, and able to control them via the cellphone app?

I have my home garage stored, and can control it via the app, so long as the car and I are within range of my garage.
    I added my friend's garage, and can control it via the car, but I never get the HomeLink icon within the app, while at that location.

2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

I'm not sure what you are talking about. As far as I know, the Tesla app does not offer any access to Homelink settings.

3. croman

croman Active Member

AP1 owners will see it under Summon.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

I didn't say anything about settings... I said "control". You can most definitely control your HomeLink device via the app, so long as you and your car are within proximately of it. The question I have is, when you add a second HomeLink to the car, which happens to be at a different location, why the HomeLink icon is not appearing in the app while within proximity... Are others experiencing this, or is it just me??

Attached is a screenshot of the old app, but the new app has the same icon in the same location. As @croman stated, it appears on the Summon screen.
    HomeLinkApp.jpg

5. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

Sorry.

I was unaware, as I do not have Summon enabled on my car.

My bad.

• Like x 1
  6. croman

croman Active Member

Yes I'm waiting too. Hopefully this month I can see if summon will park my car in my tight garage opening with a half inch lip...

7. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

<BUMP!>
    Am I the only Tesla owner on the forum that has multiple HomeLinks setup, at different locations, and uses the Tesla App?
    I'd love to get some feedback from anyone else with this setup, to know if this is a global issue, or just with my car.
    Thanks!!

8. croman

croman Active Member

Tell Tesla to give HW2 owners Summon and I'll help you. :D