Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multiple Vin Refusals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone had to refuse delivery more than once? I went to pick up a MYP last Saturday but refused delivery bc of 3 dents on the hood. Most of the other MYs at the SC also had dents around the emblem, but none quite as bad as my car. The day after i refused delivery My account said that there wash a hold on it till July and i immediately hit the “I’m Ready” button but then I got an email that said any additional holds would result in cancellation of my reservation and forfeiture of my order fee. Next car comes mid Feb, and really can’t wait to bring the car home, but don’t think i can accept delivery of a busted up car with the promise of fixing it.

Attachments

• BF57D830-20CA-42AD-8919-1B915E6AEDCE.jpeg
    BF57D830-20CA-42AD-8919-1B915E6AEDCE.jpeg
    230.2 KB · Views: 298
there's a point where every business needs to acknowledge that some customers have expectations that they cannot meet, and all are better off if they part ways. Yes, if you refuse another car, your order will be cancelled.
That hood looks awesome in the picture, where is the problem?

Reactions: Obiwanjr and BnGrm
there's a point where every business needs to acknowledge that some customers have expectations that they cannot meet, and all are better off if they part ways. Yes, if you refuse another car, your order will be cancelled.
That hood looks awesome in the picture, where is the problem?
Guess you don’t see the bend in the reflection where the dents are. If you were in my shoes would you drive away with dents on your car? Thanks for an utterly useless reply.

Guess you don’t see the bend in the reflection where the dents are. If you were in my shoes would you drive away with dents on your car? Thanks for an utterly useless reply.
Mine bent after the first or second time closing it. I ordered the EV offer electric kit and installed it. I don’t even notice the dent any more. It’s guaranteed to happen on all
Of them until they redesign it with reinforcement or electric opener.

I would have accepted that without qualm.

Agree with posted above about not meant to be in a relationship
Together. Sometimes you need to adjust expectations or find another brand that has better QC like Mercedes.

Mine bent after the first or second time closing it. I ordered the EV offer electric kit and installed it. I don’t even notice the dent any more. It’s guaranteed to happen on all
Of them until they redesign it with reinforcement or electric opener.

I would have accepted that without qualm.

Agree with posted above about not meant to be in a relationship
Together. Sometimes you need to adjust expectations or find another brand that has better QC like Mercedes.
That’s a nice frunk opener. Cool that it gets integrated into the screen in the car. Thanks for the reply.

I see those dents. I would have refusedthem, or maybe get it in writing that they'll replace the whole frunk.

Our sales rep showed us how to carefully press down on the nose of the frunk with an open palm, looks like someone closed it with a fist or fingers. It's a bit delicate right there, easy to dent.

(people around here act like children, apologies)

Reactions: Chupalover22