Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk Sends ‘Note of Deep Gratitude’ to Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk sent Tuesday “a note of deep gratitude” to Tesla owners for “taking a chance on a new company that all experts said would fail.”

After acknowledging the laborious efforts of the Tesla team, Musk asked his Twitter followers what the company can do to further improve.

What suggestions would you offer to Musk and the Tesla team?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: ModelX
I consider myself to be a level 1 geek...that means I know what DOS is but cant program the raspberry PI I got for Christmas.

The lack of release notes for any change to a operating system seems ...um...peculiar to me.

Is Musk kidding with this BS? Take five minutes and peruse the TMC forums, Mr. Musk. That will tell you all that you need to know. Or maybe have your software team actually pay attention to the hundreds of feature requests for basic convenience features that have existed on vehicles for over 10 years. Maybe you can start there? Or maybe you just don't like hearing the endless complaints about chrome trim and panel misalignment after 4 years of production?

How about if you stop lying to your customers about the capabilities of the non-existent EAP and stop making promises you can't keep? Maybe you should stop taking money for features that don't exist? How about if you honestly advertise the capabilities of your vehicles instead of stretching the truth every chance you get?

Stop devoting precious resources to "easter eggs" when you can't even get your navigation to compete with a $200 Tom Tom?

And if you really wanted to send a letter to all of your customers, you should have done just that - sent a letter. The vast majority of your customers will have no idea because most of us don't follow you on Twitter. And what the hell does WW mean? Perhaps he should think outside of his Silicon Valley bubble when addressing the masses with abbreviations that are meaningless outside of the Bay Area?

Sending a tweet from the comfort of your lap does not show appreciation to customers. It shows lack of thought over what feels like a knee-jerk reaction to something we don't know about. There are many, better ways to show appreciation than what you have done, Mr. Musk.

Last edited:
Is he kidding with this BS? Take five minutes and peruse the TMC forums, Mr. Musk. That will tell you all that you need to know. And if you really wanted to send a letter to all of your customers, you should have done just that - sent a letter. The vast majority of your customers will have no idea because most of us don't follow you on Twitter.

And what the hell does WW mean? Perhaps he should think outside of his Silicon Valley bubble when addressing the masses?

That seems a tad harsh.

"WW" = World Wide

A bit more transparency around supercharger openings would be great too. One local to me was until a few weeks ago slated as "planned opening end 2017". Now it's "opening soon" and the TMC comments suggest it's not even going to be in the town Tesla say it is (Wetherby, UK), but 30 miles up the road!!
In addition, speaking to the Tesla sales team - they don't know (or won't tell) either. Why the secrecy / confusion?
... and panel fit. The misaligned door on my MX is driving my OCD mad!!!

In answer to Musk's question about improvements, I would say:

1. Customer service needs to learn how to follow through. Everyone who works for Tesla seems to be inherently courteous and bright in conversation, but in my experience, follow - through doesn't happen - they don't call back or email back or escalate, as promised.

2. The user interface, LTE, music streaming, etc is insanely slow and buggy in my Model X in Los Angeles. All the lovely bells and whistles and tech-toys hardly every work in my car. Why include all Google and LTE and streaming music and podcasts, when they don't work?

3. If you don't address customer's day-to-day experiences in the car, then this is what happens: When strangers notice the cool Tesla and ask, "how do you like the car?" ... my answer is usually, "I hate it."

3. If you don't address customer's day-to-day experiences in the car, then this is what happens: When strangers notice the cool Tesla and ask, "how do you like the car?" ... my answer is usually, "I hate it."

Truth be told. Elon is smart.

Elon probably would not be posting the appreciation posts if he didn't realize that at least some level of dissatisfaction exists.

Reactions: ahkahn
I’m sure you’ve tried, but my Slacker account was playing up and a MCU reboot fixed it.
Have you tried rebooting the centre screen?

Yes. I've done all the reboots. Many times. Every time I get on the phone with a different SC staff person they have me go through all the same motions. I keep calling hoping I'll get one person who's good with software and knows how to fix. I went through the same thing with my bluetooth and finally got transferred to someone who was able to fix the problem on his end. If you're out there Vincent I could use your help again!

I had one SC staffer tell me "huh, I've never heard of someone trying to log into Slacker with their own account info before."

So you see what I'm up against.

Yes. I've done all the reboots. Many times. Every time I get on the phone with a different SC staff person they have me go through all the same motions. I keep calling hoping I'll get one person who's good with software and knows how to fix. I went through the same thing with my bluetooth and finally got transferred to someone who was able to fix the problem on his end. If you're out there Vincent I could use your help again!

I had one SC staffer tell me "huh, I've never heard of someone trying to log into Slacker with their own account info before."

So you see what I'm up against.
Yeah not all the staff know as much as most people on this forum.

One more thing to try (if you haven’t) is log into someone else’s account, then log back into yours.
Also, try logging in on a different device just in case your account details aren’t valid for some reason.

I would promote Tesla differently. I would say Tesla is American made with mostly American parts with 30,000 employees. it's something to be proud of in my opinion.

I would get away from the climate change angle. too much politics there.
a message that: We want a world of clean air for our kids, cars that are fun to drive without the hassles of oil changes and timing belts.

I would like to see something about how great Tesla batteries. lot of people seem to think these are cell phone batteries in the car that will die in 2 years. most people don't even know that it's possible to travel across the country in a Tesla.

also, should steer away the idea that Teslas are not rich peoples cars. every Tesla sold is paving the way for cheaper more affordable electric transportation for everyone.