Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny only @tesla_truth has the update. Noone else is reporting ...
Only one person having this on TeslaFi doesn't exactly signal anything resembling a wide rollout.

More people got the early access firmware and faster.
My speculation is - as a "social media influencer" @tesla_truth was specially sent the release first to spread the word.

Weird that the blog does not mention the new driver visualizations or the new auto lane change animations. I hope Tesla did not pull these features from the final wide release because of bugs. Hopefully, they are still included and Tesla just did not bother mentioning them because Marketing wanted to emphasize more glamorous features.

Weird that the blog does not mention the new driver visualizations or the new auto lane change animations. I hope Tesla did not pull these features from the final wide release because of bugs. Hopefully, they are still included and Tesla just did not bother mentioning them because Marketing wanted to emphasize more glamorous features.
Yea - I had a similar thought. It's odd to me that they often focus so heavily on some of the UI and Entertainment features and talk very little about the autopilot features. I get it to a degree but I bought the car mostly for the Autopilot so I personally tend to focus on that more than anything else.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this though.

Yea - I had a similar thought. It's odd to me that they often focus so heavily on some of the UI and Entertainment features and talk very little about the autopilot features. I get it to a degree but I bought the car mostly for the Autopilot so I personally tend to focus on that more than anything else.

Maybe I'm in the minority on this though.

You are not in the minority. I am with you. Marketing seems to think that the games and convenience features are the big attraction items and maybe they are for new owners or prospective owners. Perhaps, it's because not everybody buys AP with their car so Marketing wants to focus on features that everybody gets rather than on AP that only some owners will benefit from. But I care a lot more about autopilot and FSD. So I would love to see more focus on that.

Considering that we got a leak of the release notes that did include the new visualizations, I think they are in V10 and Marketing is just not promoting them.

• Funny
Reactions: am_dmd
Depends on if they release this to enhanced AP customers too. If they do, then they still have FSD customers who havent been delivered anything above and beyond enhanced AP.

Sounds like they're going to release it to the fleet based on what they say on the website.

Discover Software Version 10.0

It's in there.

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 12.44.16 PM.png

Reactions: diplomat33
Once someone with an SR+ gets V10, could you please check what Tesla Theater/Caraoke features work without Premium Connectivity?

Curious about this as well - my wife has SR+ and would love spotify

Blog - Introducing Software Version 10.0
This says: "Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles
To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while parked and connected to WiFi for these cars."

Do SR and SR+ only get spotify when parked? That seems odd

Reactions: willow_hiller
The website does have a features may vary based on config caveat, so I think we will have to wait for reports from EAP only buyers to really see.

Sure. Can't think of any reason why they wouldn't release to Enhanced AP folks with the actual wide release though. As long as it is in early access wide release (which it probably will be for the next week), sure, I wouldn't necessarily expect Enhanced AP folks to get it. I'm sure I'll be the last to know!

If they did, then my “parlor tricks and gimmicks” stamp may yet again rear it’s ugly head...

Line item answers below.
Edit: Added some additional "color" to my ratings...

Last edited:
You’re welcome. How differently would you classify them?