Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must be doing this wrong (center console)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the only fault I have detected in the few weeks of having this car mostly parked in my driveway.
These two hatches will not stay closed.
Feels like a user error, but I'm failing to figure it out.
Any help?

Attachments

• 20200426_113250.jpg
    20200426_113250.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 20200426_113253.jpg
    20200426_113253.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 62
If you want another laugh, try whacking it in place several times in a row. The car notice and will pop up a notification that tells you to not press so hard. no joke.

Yep, that's a good one. Though, actually, when you think about it - it's a really easy one for Tesla to put up a message for. There's a light in that compartment, and when you open the compartment the light goes on, and of course when you close it the light goes off. If the light goes on and off too many times in succession it pops the message. It's actually nothing to do with how hard you press the lid closed. You can try for yourself. Close and open the lid gently a few times in a row and it will still show the message about closing the lid more gently. Now, it still makes sense to show that message as the LIKELY reason for you opening and closing it that many times in a row is because you're slamming it and it doesn't shut. Still, smart software to address it by the light detection.