Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Must wrap areas on MX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Falcon Wing Doors for sure, they are magnets for road wash. Yes, that is chipped paint, which has since been repainted and wrapped.
Screen Shot 2018-06-12 at 5.10.24 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
I do full body wraps - if you are going to do front end, and then maybe front doors, why not protect back doors from dings/chips from other cars? And then, why not rear quarter panels? Just like @Jayrod - it just gets easier to clean and if you are spending some, spend it all and get it all done.

100% agree with this. Chips come in all angles, not just the front. Also, with the back bumper wrapped, I no longer worry about shopping cart dings, and also don't worry about scratching the bumper putting things into the rear trunk.

FWIW, a car hit the side of my driver side door, and luckily the PPF saved my door from a repaint and touch up.

• Informative
Reactions: P85_DA
Forgot to mention, with a full body PPF, you no longer have to worry about car washes.
With my other cars without PPF, I often have to do a 2 bucket wash with grit guards and incredipad microfiber pads just for the body, and a separate bucket and mitt for the wheels alone.

With my MX in a fully body PPF, I often do a waterless or a rinseless wash, or if its really dirty, a single bucket wash with a pressure washer. Much quicker and no longer worry about scratches :)

Reactions: bairesman
Forgot to mention, with a full body PPF, you no longer have to worry about car washes.
With my other cars without PPF, I often have to do a 2 bucket wash with grit guards and incredipad microfiber pads just for the body, and a separate bucket and mitt for the wheels alone.

With my MX in a fully body PPF, I often do a waterless or a rinseless wash, or if its really dirty, a single bucket wash with a pressure washer. Much quicker and no longer worry about scratches :)
Good point, I guess I will also need to factor-in the savings...