Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mustang Mach E is a Gamechanger - My Opinion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First off.....major issue with the name.....how stupid is ford?....” lets take our sports cars name, and give it to an electric suv?....real dumb....next, all the other manufacturers are going about it wrong.....they need to build up their charging infrastructure BEFORE launching cars.....and squeaks & rattles?.....ive owned 53 different cars in my 52 years....from Ford, Chevy to Porsche, Nissan, Mitsu, Benz, Saab...and most everything in between.....my 15’ S just turned 90k miles, and is still the quietest, least issues, car that i have ever owned.

Not really much smaller, look at all the Electrify America stations out there supporting up to 350kw. How much smaller is much smaller?

With my hand on the wheel, I might as well drive the car. If you have to put your hand on the wheel, it sort of defeats the purpose of relaxing. I'm a pilot, and when I put the airplane in autopilot I do not have to keep my hand on the yolk.

Even though this is old and the dude got banned this just made me laugh...if this guy is still watching under another name then I believe he is a cakemaker rather than a pilot. Why? a cakemaker handles yolks, a pilot handles yokes! A real pilot would never have written yolks! The difference is a long term pilot joke..."you beat the yolks and stroke the yokes"...I qualify this mark banned dude as an internet fantasist

• Love
Reactions: Brando and Rocky_H
Well, I will confess I have a refundable deposit down on a RWD LR Mach E. I actually like the exterior look of the car, even if not as much as my S. However judging by the pictures, I find the Mach E’s interior more attractive and upscale looking than my S.

My thought process is I’d be going from a car with what is currently a 235 mile range to one with a projected 300 mile range or more. I’m also hoping for a better built car that is more rattle-free than mine. We had a Ford Fusion PHEV and that car had no rattles and was put together quite well. It’s also bugging me more and more when I get in my wife’s ES300h and hear zero rattles, with a quieter and softer ride. I will say this though, my S has been almost entirely free of problems other than the rattles.

To get a new S at this point will cost me quite a bit more and I’d still likely have the same issue with rattles. I’m not a big fan of the interior of the 3 or Y, so that’s a no go.

We’ll see, since this is all contingent upon me seeing the car in person, sitting in it, and taking a test drive. My feelings might turn on a dime. I know going in the charging network is a different animal with this car, but I think I can make that work as I really don’t have much of a need for it.

I believe it’s short sighted to sell this car short, it will be a big seller IMO. Ford said it would start off with a production of 50,000 and it appears those are all accounted for...at least in terms of reservation holders.

Reactions: Ocelot and EricJJ