Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Door Mirrors wont tilt down with reverse.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't have mine yet but if it's like my S there's 2 things... one there's an option to turn it on/off in the settings.

Assuming it's turned on then go out to the car, put it in reverse then use the mirror adjustments to angle for desired position. At the top of the screen press the driver profile button then press SAVE. the setting to tilt and how far is tied to your profile and in turn needs to be saved.

1. You need to have the setting turned on in settings area.

2. You need to set the tilt on your mirrors as well to what degree you want sometimes. In reverse with setting on, go to left mirror and set, right mirror and set, then you should be good. They should return back to normal when in Drive. Note, I believe there was the option to have which one you want tilt only by having that side selected on the door - e.g. if you leave the right mirror selected, when going into reverse, it will be the one that tilts down to your setting. Same for left. Of course the middle button is fold both. This is kinda the standard behavior in most luxury cars with the tilt.

My reverse mirror tilt is very inconsistent and annoying. :mad: Sometimes it tilts down properly, sometimes not. Sometimes only one side tilts down, while the other side does not. Sometimes it also forgets to move back up. Usually happens when I'm shifting back and forth from D to R quickly, but again, sometimes not.

Overall, it's pretty buggy and unfortunately, since it's inconsistent, it's hard for the service center techs to reproduce and troubleshoot. Also, it is probably more a software vs. hardware issue, since they do tilt down fine most of the time, and there's not much the service center can do about software bugs, other than to try and reload/update the firmware (which they have done).

Oh well. o_O:confused:

Since July 2016, my X failed to tilt mirrors down (on reverse) 3 times and it failed to return to normal (moving to D) only once. I'm sure it's all software, and will eventually work 100% of the time. Minor inconvenience when it happens, but it's been fine for the past few months (for me). YMMV

Don't have mine yet but if it's like my S there's 2 things... one there's an option to turn it on/off in the settings.

Assuming it's turned on then go out to the car, put it in reverse then use the mirror adjustments to angle for desired position. At the top of the screen press the driver profile button then press SAVE. the setting to tilt and how far is tied to your profile and in turn needs to be saved.
Ill give this a try