Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Front License Plate Mounting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I had to drill holes on the nose cone of my early 2012 MS to attach the State required front license plate. Later, options came out that allow the plate to be hung without drilling. I can't find any other options for the MX. Before my temp plates expire, I hope there will be some options. Does anyone here know of any?

Thanks,
Greg - NJ

Hello,

I had to drill holes on the nose cone of my early 2012 MS to attach the State required front license plate. Later, options came out that allow the plate to be hung without drilling. I can't find any other options for the MX. Before my temp plates expire, I hope there will be some options. Does anyone here know of any?

Thanks,
Greg - NJ

Don't install it!

I saw in the Model-S forums a solution for the new Model-S redesign (new nose) that did not require drilling holes. I haven't seen that solution being offered yet for the Model-X, but TBH I haven't researched it that much yet. My delivery is probably around July, so I'm not in a rush to find out...;)