Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX plaid tire wear update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have encountered so many of these topics. I will not believe it until I see proof of when it was installed, and the mileage at the time of installed.

I will not believe it due to the fact that I had a Chevy Volt with a significantly slower acceleration rate than a MX, and tires wear down to 4/32 at almost 20k miles. This is on a tire rating for 50k miles too. How can you drive aggressively on a Volt with such measly acceleration? You can't beat that logic.

Reactions: oldsport
I have encountered so many of these topics. I will not believe it until I see proof of when it was installed, and the mileage at the time of installed.

I will not believe it due to the fact that I had a Chevy Volt with a significantly slower acceleration rate than a MX, and tires wear down to 4/32 at almost 20k miles. This is on a tire rating for 50k miles too. How can you drive aggressively on a Volt with such measly acceleration? You can't beat that logic.

this is so true...

that s why on mx 10k tire replacement is the safest play...

Align a Chevy with aggressive toe and camber and you'd see similar results.

• Funny
Reactions: cmaster
i have a 2022 model x plaid with stock 20 inch wheel that came with the summer michelin latitude sport 3 tires. I just replaces my reat tires with another set of Michelin latitude sport 3 summer tires. i know all season would last longer but i have a plaid so i figure i need the grip.

Reactions: DefenderX
i have a 2022 model x plaid with stock 20 inch wheel that came with the summer michelin latitude sport 3 tires. I just replaces my reat tires with another set of Michelin latitude sport 3 summer tires. i know all season would last longer but i have a plaid so i figure i need the grip.
I have an MXP on order and keep going back and forth between the 22s and 20s, I like the look on the 22s but live in an area (DC) where I need something other than strictly summer tires.

For those doubters on the thread. We had a 2018 MX 75D with Continentals. Fronts got replaced at 20K miles consistently. Rears could get to 30k with inner tire wear showing. Went through a few sets of tires in the 93K miles we had the car. Very consistent. The plaid we bought a year ago in September. Same driving style, likely a little harder acceleration from time to time. Car has just over 20K miles today. Just checked, around 7/32 across the complete tread on all 4 tires. No signs of inner tire wear at all. This suspension is completely different than the 18. I can't speak for others only this car. I will continue to monitor the wear and update as time and mileage progresses....

Reactions: YellowJacketMS
How come you went with those over the Michelin Pilot Sport EV? The pilots should have way better grip