Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX Rear Heat Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate to say it, but welcome to an X 75 in the winter. You will get nowhere near the rated range in cold weather. The same goes for the 100, but that at least has more energy to start with, so the daily penalty doesn’t feel as bad.

I’m sorry that you’re unhappy and decided to sell your Model X. Perhaps it’s for the best.

Question before you get rid of the vehicle. How long does it take for the rear vents to blow warm air with the temperature set to HI and the fan set to 3 or 4? I’m only talking about the rear system, here, not the front.

when it's below 20F AND DRIVING at 60mph, it takes 50 minutes to get warm air front back heater vents

• Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony
when it's below 20F AND DRIVING at 60mph, it takes 50 minutes to get warm air front back heater vents

On high temp with fan speed 3? That would definitely indicate a problem beyond a small heating element. Driving vs stationary shouldn’t make a difference for rear heat performance, either.

Just to humor me, how long does it take to get warm while stationary with the above settings?