TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My 21" wheels ran over this ... clunk clunk clunk

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Khatsalano, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

20150621_100657.jpg

I ran over something small and it got embedded in my tire. I found it after experiencing vibration and noise like running over railroad tracks. Luckily, I was doing some local driving at low speed and it wasn't too bad. I inspected the tires after I got home and found what it was. The object is small and was lodged in the thickest part of the tire tread. I could remove it using my fingers. Tire pressure is holding.

The interesting thing is, what is this object that I ran over? Is it a Tesla part out of the wheel well? It's highly specialized. It is made of purple anodized aluminum, with a blue, soft rubber kind of gasket/seal. The back side is a flat disc in appearance, at least before it was mangled. Should I be worried that a Tesla part fell out?

- K

2. FLDarren

FLDarren Member

Looks like an earbud.

3. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

Have you noticed any purple anodized aluminum pieces on your vehicle? If not, I would suspect that it's not...of course, I suspect that it's not anyway since that wouldn't seem like a part one would expect in any vehicle.