Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free FSD for 1 Month

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what my non-paying 2022 MSLR says after installing the firmware with free FSD (supervised).
Correct. Those who have no mention of FSD version have not been offered the free FSD (because they updated past the 2024.03.10 firmware point to 2024.8.7.) They can't roll back so they wait for FSDS V12.3.x to be offered on a new firmware version beyond 2024.8.7. It should be coming soon (some reports of mid-month) and, since I haven't yet checked Teslafi this afternoon, could already be released since it has been a few days since the last new release.

Reactions: zoomer0056
The ONLY thing I like are the improved visualization,

Amen here. My wife and I were super excited to give this a try. I live in a major metro area and it just feel on it's face multiple times. It did the basics good, like driving straight on a clearly lined road. But, anything that would require any thought at all was a horrible experience. After we started pissing people off around us I gave up on it. Someone said it best before, it felt like I was training my kid to drive and it was their very first time driving on public roads.

Reactions: ChuckM3P and AKinDC
Amen here. My wife and I were super excited to give this a try. I live in a major metro area and it just feel on it's face multiple times. It did the basics good, like driving straight on a clearly lined road. But, anything that would require any thought at all was a horrible experience. After we started pissing people off around us I gave up on it. Someone said it best before, it felt like I was training my kid to drive and it was their very first time driving on public roads.
Yup, we are training it. Instead of FSD (supervised), it should say FSD (student driver). The software is safe enough for Tesla to give it to all in North America and Tesla will get a huge influx of traing data from this.

Reactions: legendsk
V11.1 is likely the UI software version not the FSD version (a common mistake by people unfamiliar with the differences). It's more helpful to post the actual full software version.

Here's an example from a quick Google. The FSD version is not the V11.1, it's the number under FSD (V12.3.3 in this case). Or just post 2024.3.10 and there is no confusion.
fsd-supervised.jpg
You're right, not having FSD(supervised) normally I looked at the SW incorrectly. I'm on 12.3.3. Makes it even more disappointing.

This is the SW setting in my 2019 Model 3 SR+. I wonder why I didn’t receive the trial invite. Note that I didn’t purchase FSD when I initially purchase the car.
You were already on the 2024.8 branch (you are currently on 2024.8.7 updating to 2024.8.9), which doesn't have FSD yet. You would have to wait until they release FSD to that branch first. That's one of the negatives of doing updates too quickly if you want FSD, you may be put on a branch with no FSD support.