Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car is great, it was easy to buy, and everything is fine.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry for quoting your entire post, but I thought it might be easier to reply to specific points by adding my comments to the approriate sections in a different colour. So here goes:

OK. Normally, I let people gripe about s--- just because, well, it's cathartic, and then there's the whole freedom of speech thing, which I think is pretty good, so I don't do anything that could be construed as repressive of that. Plus it's pretty clear that there is good reason to be concerned about the quality control not created by Tesla as they scrambled to rush ~5k Model 3s/week out the door

But I have to say, do you REALLY think that the e-Golf is a better car OVERALL than the Model 3? REALLY? I just don't get that.
Yes, really, I do indeed believe that.
Although one has to first admit that it is comparing apples to oranges as the e-Golf is a much smaller car that doesn't intend to serve the same purpose as the Model 3. Even more impressive imho that the e-Golf manages to even beat the Model 3 in some aspects.

So, please indulge me here - Let's do a running tab and please do forgive me if I have things a bit mis-attributed, as I have to reconstruct your basic points from memory.

For the E-Golf:

1) price
That's a no-brainer obviously.
2) paint quality and assembly
Yes, the Model 3 doesn't hold a candle to the e-Golf in that area. Sorry, but there is simply no other honest way to put it.
3) interior materials
Indeed, those in the e-Golf look and feel better. Sure, when you get into the Model 3 for the first time, especially one with a white interior like mine, you go "wow, cool". But once you get over that initial wow-effect, you start to notice the subtle but noticable differences and deficiencies. Perhaps Germans/Europeans (?) are more discerning or overly critical, but facts remain facts.
4) It's German (OK that's probably not on the explicit list, but I have to assume it's implicit)
Believe it or not, that doesn't interest me at all. I have had the chance to drive many different cars in my life up to now, and most of them actually were not German. There were many cars that were just as good as German cars in the quality department, especially higher end Asian ones. But to be honest, none of the American cars I drove up to no were of the same standard that European or Asian manufactures seem to apply. I don't know why that is, but in general American cars always felt like looks/power over substance. They offered quite a bit of (superficial) bling and lots of raw power for often very little money, but lacked refinement. The Model 3 is certainly a step in the right direction, but still adheres to this overall "mantra" I described above.

For the Tesla Model 3

1) Performance (not even close if you are comparing to DMP+, but still not that close for base model)
I am comparing my Non-P Model 3, and have already said that performance-wise the e-Golf doesn't hold a candle to the Model 3. Yet in everyday driving over here, the e-Golf's performance is more than adequate as you are able to smoke almost every other car from a standstill like at traffic lights etc. The Model 3's advantage is especially noticeable on the Autobahn or during overtaking on country roads.
2) Handling (also not even close esp for the DMP+)
Don't know about the P, but handling in the e-Golf is even better than in the standard Golf, which already is renowned for very good handling. Handling in the Model 3 is fine, don't get me wrong, it just isn't really any better than in the e-Golf.
3) Braking (again, esp. for DMP+)
Very important point. The e-Golf brakes MUCH better than the Model 3, especially considering that the Model 3 offers just two modes of regen, the stronger of which feels ok, but the e-Golf offers five modes, from no regen at all to such brutal regen that the braking feels really extrem.
Stopping distance in the e-Golf was measured in tests by the ADAC at 35.6m from 100kph to zero, the Model 3 was measured at 42.0m for the same speed under comparable conditions. That is quite a difference.

4) Passive Safety and crash worthiness (not even close here either for any Model 3 by NHTSA data)
Euro NCAP crast testing for the Model 3 appears to be missing for now. The e-Golf was tested at 94% overall, meaning five stars. I wouldn't be surprised though if the Model 3 fared even better in that respect. We feel very safe in both cars actually. :)
4) Space utilization and carrying capacity (much more room in vehicle 16 inches longer)
That is obvious and I don't contest that in any way.
5) Range, plus much better and faster charging network
Range, yes, faster charging network? No actually. Both the e-Golf as well as the Model 3 over here use the CCS plug, both can use high speed chargers. Especially the FastNED and Ionity chargers are even faster than the Superchargers. And as the battery of the e-Golf is only about half the capacity of the Model 3 LR AWD, charging overall takes less time, at least that is what I have experienced up to now.
6) Ride (but these are close)
Sorry to burst your bubble but that is one of the weakest points of the Model 3 from my experience, but a very strong point of the e-Golf. The ride in the Model 3, especially with those 19'' wheels and hard Hankook tires is harsh to say the least, you feel every little bump in the road, plus sound deadening is much worse in the Model 3 making for a very noise experience, especially for an EV. The e-Golf is much quieter and the ride quality is several levels above that of the Model 3.
7) Styling (admittedly subjective but no one considers the Golf to be a looker)
Styling as you say is subjective and I therefor don't count styling in my equation. But just for the record, I like the Golf styling very much, especially in the version I have got, with the aggressive looking front, the dynamic turn signals, the rear light signature, etc.
8) Active safety and accident avoidance (collision warnings, info about nearby vehicles integrated into touchscreen, plus automatic EB)
That could be considered a tie overall, as the e-Golf in the configuration I have ordered has just as many active safety features as the Model 3. TACC, even basic autosteer, emergency braking, traffic sign recognition*. It even has blind spot warning in the side view mirrors, a very handy feature that the Model 3 doesn't even offer. Sure, the Model 3 shows (some) of the other vehicles on the touch screen, but as you are looking in the side view mirror before overtaking, a blind spot warning there imho makes much more sense. Plus, the Model 3 doesn't show all other nearby vehicles, plus sometimes what it shows is erratic, so the additional safety aspect, at least in the current iteration of the system, is at least questionable.
*As for traffic sign recognition by the way, while the e-Golf gets it right about 95% of the time, the recognition level in the Model 3 is much lower. Often the displayed speed has nothing to do with reality and seems more or less random.

9) Touchscreen and operating system integration
Again, either a slight advantage for the e-Golf or at the very best a tie. Much has been said about the over-reliance on the screen for each and every function in the Model 3, even those that would have better been left as physical controls (glove-box, wiper settings. etc.), but even if you don't consider those, the UI still leaves quite a bit to be desired. Voice controls don't work as they should, media integration is worse (no CD player, no SD card, no SIM slot or WiFi hotspot funtionality, no Android Auto or Apple carplay). Yes, Spotify is nice, but FM radio seems like an afterthought, whereas it both looks pretty and works perfect in the e-Golf.
Plus there is the theme of getting into the car. I would say 80% of the time the phone-as-a-key works, but about one in five times it doesn't work, which makes it just more cumbersome then just having a physical key. Certainly no deal-breaker, but just an annoyance. Like the problems with adding Homelink, which still doesn't work, no matter what I try.

10) Navigation system (also not even close)
Actually, again, no. Not from my experience. The navigation system in the e-Golf is better overall. It calculates the routes much faster, plus offers a choice of three different routes from the get-go (fastest, shortest, most economic). The Model 3 just offers one route, and the one it offers, especially on longer distances, is often far from ideal. On our typical route to our parents in law (300+ miles) it wanted to take us along country roads instead of the Autobahn, making the trip several hours longer than normal. Plus it offers no way to individualize or change the route. You probably just have to go and drive a different route and wait for it to adapt and recalculate. Will see in a couple of weeks when we actually drive there next. Plus there are reports that the nav system in the Model 3 has problems factoring in current traffic jam situations, which is why some Model 3 drivers use the Google nav app on their phone instead.
11) semi-autonomous driving/autopilot
A feature I hardly use. I need/want enhanced TACC for driving in traffic jams, and both cars offer this. So a tie.
12) Updated and improved regularly - only car (other than other Teslas) currently getting significantly better with age. Recent improvements to power output, cold weather behavior, climate control flexibility, nav system, autopilot, and too many others to mention here.
That is indeed a major advantage of the Model 3. No question about that.
13) Fun to drive? Admittedly subjective, but I can't believe that anyone considers the e-Golf the equal of the Tesla Model 3, again esp. DMP+ versions in terms of driver enjoyment)
Yes, fun is subjective, and the immense acceleration in the Model 3 is fun and highly addictive. But in everyday driving, the e-Golf is also a lot of fun, especially considering the the better ride quality and much quieter cabin noise.

If one just focuses on the big picture here, I can't say that I see a real basis for your judgment other than pique - unless the QC and paint issues in your mind are just so egregious that they somehow cancel out the performance, handling, safety, tech, efficiency and range along with the many other advantages of the Model 3?

It's really not close, at least IMO, and this shouldn't be surprising, as the e-Golf is a warmed over ICE design. The Model 3 is a clean sheet of paper. They really aren't comparable. As fine a car as the Golf is, as the single most successful sedan in Europe, it's simply not competitive with the Model 3.

There's a reason why the Model 3, despite everyone and their mother being aware of the QC issues you and others complain about, is outselling, indeed, drop kicking every other premium sedan in the USA, and now in Europe. It's because people get the big picture. But do you?
Of course I get the big picture. Why do you think we went fully BEV with our family? Why do you think I bought a Model 3 in the first place?

But I do indeed believe, even though it was not designed at all to be a BEV, the e-Golf does an admirable job for what it is, and like I explained above, even beats the Model 3 in quite a few aspects. And not unimportant ones at that. So overall yes, it is still my favorite car of those I have owned. The Model 3 is close, like I said, but it is just so annoying in some aspects that matter during everyday use, that I couldn't put it in the top spot when I try to be perfectly honest.

Last edited:
Sorry for quoting your entire post, but I thought it might be easier to reply to specific points by adding my comments to the approriate sections in a different colour. So here goes:

Yes, really, I do indeed believe that.
Although one has to first admit that it is comparing apples to oranges as the e-Golf is a much smaller car that doesn't intend to serve the same purpose as the Model 3. Even more impressive imho that the e-Golf manages to even beat the Model 3 in some aspects.

For the E-Golf:

1) price
That's a no-brainer obviously.
2) paint quality and assembly
Yes, the Model 3 doesn't hold a candle to the e-Golf in that area. Sorry, but there is simply no other honest way to put it.
3) interior materials
Indeed, those in the e-Golf look and feel better. Sure, when you get into the Model 3 for the first time, especially one with a white interior like mine, you go "wow, cool". But once you get over that initial wow-effect, you start to notice the subtle but noticable differences and deficiencies. Perhaps Germans/Europeans (?) are more discerning or overly critical, but facts remain facts.
4) It's German (OK that's probably not on the explicit list, but I have to assume it's implicit)
Believe it or not, that doesn't interest me at all. I have had the chance to drive many different cars in my life up to now, and most of them actually were not German. There were many cars that were just as good as German cars in the quality department, especially higher end Asian ones. But to be honest, none of the American cars I drove up to no were of the same standard that European or Asian manufactures seem to apply. I don't know why that is, but in general American cars always felt like looks/power over substance. They offered quite a bit of (superficial) bling and lots of raw power for often very little money, but lacked refinement. The Model 3 is certainly a step in the right direction, but still adheres to this overall "mantra" I described above.

For the Tesla Model 3

1) Performance (not even close if you are comparing to DMP+, but still not that close for base model)
I am comparing my Non-P Model 3, and have already said that performance-wise the e-Golf doesn't hold a candle to the Model 3. Yet in everyday driving over here, the e-Golf's performance is more than adequate as you are able to smoke almost every other car from a standstill like at traffic lights etc. The Model 3's advantage is especially noticeable on the Autobahn or during overtaking on country roads.
2) Handling (also not even close esp for the DMP+)
Don't know about the P, but handling in the e-Golf is even better than in the standard Golf, which already is renowned for very good handling. Handling in the Model 3 is fine, don't get me wrong, it just isn't really any better than in the e-Golf.
3) Braking (again, esp. for DMP+)
Very important point. The e-Golf brakes MUCH better than the Model 3, especially considering that the Model 3 offers just two modes of regen, the stronger of which feels ok, but the e-Golf offers five modes, from no regen at all to such brutal regen that the braking feels really extrem.
Stopping distance in the e-Golf was measured in tests by the ADAC at 35.6m from 100kph to zero, the Model 3 was measured at 42.0m for the same speed under comparable conditions. That is quite a difference.

4) Passive Safety and crash worthiness (not even close here either for any Model 3 by NHTSA data)
Euro NCAP crast testing for the Model 3 appears to be missing for now. The e-Golf was tested at 94% overall, meaning five stars. I wouldn't be surprised though if the Model 3 fared even better in that respect. We feel very safe in both cars actually. :)
4) Space utilization and carrying capacity (much more room in vehicle 16 inches longer)
That is obvious and I don't contest that in any way.
5) Range, plus much better and faster charging network
Range, yes, faster charging network? No actually. Both the e-Golf as well as the Model 3 over here use the CCS plug, both can use high speed chargers. Especially the FastNED and Ionity chargers are even faster than the Superchargers. And as the battery of the e-Golf is only about half the capacity of the Model 3 LR AWD, charging overall takes less time, at least that is what I have experienced up to now.
6) Ride (but these are close)
Sorry to burst your bubble but that is one of the weakest points of the Model 3 from my experience, but a very strong point of the e-Golf. The ride in the Model 3, especially with those 19'' wheels and hard Hankook tires is harsh to say the least, you feel every little bump in the road, plus sound deadening is much worse in the Model 3 making for a very noise experience, especially for an EV. The e-Golf is much quieter and the ride quality is several levels above that of the Model 3.
7) Styling (admittedly subjective but no one considers the Golf to be a looker)
Styling as you say is subjective and I therefor don't count styling in my equation. But just for the record, I like the Golf styling very much, especially in the version I have got, with the aggressive looking front, the dynamic turn signals, the rear light signature, etc.
8) Active safety and accident avoidance (collision warnings, info about nearby vehicles integrated into touchscreen, plus automatic EB)
That could be considered a tie overall, as the e-Golf in the configuration I have ordered has just as many active safety features as the Model 3. TACC, even basic autosteer, emergency braking, traffic sign recognition*. It even has blind spot warning in the side view mirrors, a very handy feature that the Model 3 doesn't even offer. Sure, the Model 3 shows (some) of the other vehicles on the touch screen, but as you are looking in the side view mirror before overtaking, a blind spot warning there imho makes much more sense. Plus, the Model 3 doesn't show all other nearby vehicles, plus sometimes what it shows is erratic, so the additional safety aspect, at least in the current iteration of the system, is at least questionable.
*As for traffic sign recognition by the way, while the e-Golf gets it right about 95% of the time, the recognition level in the Model 3 is much lower. Often the displayed speed has nothing to do with reality and seems more or less random.

9) Touchscreen and operating system integration
Again, either a slight advantage for the e-Golf or at the very best a tie. Much has been said about the over-reliance on the screen for each and every function in the Model 3, even those that would have better been left as physical controls (glove-box, wiper settings. etc.), but even if you don't consider those, the UI still leaves quite a bit to be desired. Voice controls don't work as they should, media integration is worse (no CD player, no SD card, no SIM slot or WiFi hotspot funtionality, no Android Auto or Apple carplay). Yes, Spotify is nice, but FM radio seems like an afterthought, whereas it both looks pretty and works perfect in the e-Golf.
Plus there is the theme of getting into the car. I would say 80% of the time the phone-as-a-key works, but about one in five times it doesn't work, which makes it just more cumbersome then just having a physical key. Certainly no deal-breaker, but just an annoyance. Like the problems with adding Homelink, which still doesn't work, no matter what I try.

10) Navigation system (also not even close)
Actually, again, no. Not from my experience. The navigation system in the e-Golf is better overall. It calculates the routes much faster, plus offers a choice of three different routes from the get-go (fastest, shortest, most economic). The Model 3 just offers one route, and the one it offers, especially on longer distances, is often far from ideal. On our typical route to our parents in law (300+ miles) it wanted to take us along country roads instead of the Autobahn, making the trip several hours longer than normal. Plus it offers no way to individualize or change the route. You probably just have to go and drive a different route and wait for it to adapt and recalculate. Will see in a couple of weeks when we actually drive there next. Plus there are reports that the nav system in the Model 3 has problems factoring in current traffic jam situations, which is why some Model 3 drivers use the Google nav app on their phone instead.
11) semi-autonomous driving/autopilot
A feature I hardly use. I need/want enhanced TACC for driving in traffic jams, and both cars offer this. So a tie.
12) Updated and improved regularly - only car (other than other Teslas) currently getting significantly better with age. Recent improvements to power output, cold weather behavior, climate control flexibility, nav system, autopilot, and too many others to mention here.
That is indeed a major advantage of the Model 3. No question about that.
13) Fun to drive? Admittedly subjective, but I can't believe that anyone considers the e-Golf the equal of the Tesla Model 3, again esp. DMP+ versions in terms of driver enjoyment)
Yes, fun is subjective, and the immense acceleration in the Model 3 is fun and highly addictive. But in everyday driving, the e-Golf is also a lot of fun, especially considering the the better ride quality and much quieter cabin noise.

If one just focuses on the big picture here, I can't say that I see a real basis for your judgment other than pique - unless the QC and paint issues in your mind are just so egregious that they somehow cancel out the performance, handling, safety, tech, efficiency and range along with the many other advantages of the Model 3?

It's really not close, at least IMO, and this shouldn't be surprising, as the e-Golf is a warmed over ICE design. The Model 3 is a clean sheet of paper. They really aren't comparable. As fine a car as the Golf is, as the single most successful sedan in Europe, it's simply not competitive with the Model 3.

There's a reason why the Model 3, despite everyone and their mother being aware of the QC issues you and others complain about, is outselling, indeed, drop kicking every other premium sedan in the USA, and now in Europe. It's because people get the big picture. But do you?
Of course I get the big picture. Why do you think we went fully BEV with our family? Why do you think I bought a Model 3 in the first place?

But I do indeed believe, even though it was not designed at all to be a BEV, the e-Golf does an admirable job for what it is, and like I explained above, even beats the Model 3 in quite a few aspects. And not unimportant ones at that. So overall yes, it is still my favorite car of those I have owned. The Model 3 is close, like I said, but it is just so annoying in some aspects that matter during everyday use, that I couldn't put it in the top spot when I try to be perfectly honest.

(I won't even touch the claim of the eGolf's better ride and quieter cabin, better nav system etc - not echoed in the press BTW!) Goodness, I might be tempted to conclude that the e-golf's superiority could be the best kept secret in the world!

That's one possibility. But the fact that the Model 3 is outselling it roughly 40 to 1 in the States, and almost 3 to 1 on its (European) home turf (with every evidence that this ratio is increasing as we speak and is 10:1 or even 20:1 in several key European countries), where it would be expected to be competing most strongly MUST mean that the car buying public simply doesn't share, even remotely, your assessment of its superiority.

Please note that if you had claimed that it was just a better vehicle for you, there would be no argument and we wouldn't be having this discussion. But you're not claiming that, and the simplest facts as noted above painfully contradict all your impressive claims.

Contrary to our idiot leader's claims, facts matter.

Reactions: one true morty
Please note that if you had claimed that it was just a better vehicle for you, there would be no argument and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

You should read your tirade back and ask yourself why you apparantly feel so personally attacked, because that it exactly how it seems.

If you read my posts you should have recognized that I did indeed say that the e-Golf was my favorite car of the ones I have owned, nothing more, nothing less. Then I was asked what made the e-Golf better than the Model 3 in my opinion, to which I replied and detailed my findings. Again, nothing more, nothing less.

I detailed what I had actually experienced and I stand by that. By the way, I have not seen any press article stating that the Tesla satnav is better than the one in the e-Golf. I don't even think anyone has actually put that exact comparison to the test. But like I said, the routing that the e-Golf offers has more options, is more customizable, and doesn't offer strange/obscure routes that no sane driver would use, which is exactly what my satnav in the Model 3 did.

Same with the ride quality and the quieter cabin. And actually for that there are many accounts and mentioning in official tests of the Model 3, that the ride quality is harsh and the interior noise is much louder than in other BEVs. There is no contesting that. Also every account of owners in Europe who share their experiences on YouTube I have seen up to now make a point about the noisy interior compared to the competition (even by Tesla themselves - the Model S and X are far quieter - the Tesla service technician I spoke to openly admitted that Tesla saved on the sound deadening with the Model 3).

But I am not trying to convince you or anyone else. I was asked about my personal experiences and reasons for thinking so highly of the e-Golf and I gave just that.

And again, just as a final note, remember that we are basically on the same side.
I never said the Model 3 was a bad car, quite the opposite, I said it was almost perfect, it just needs a few percent more in some aspects.

And I quite agree, the sales and registration figures are most impressive and I am very happy about them. I am also a TSLA stockholder after all.

Happy for you and happy to hear. I have zero doubt in my mind, that other cars face similar or possibly worse production issues. My current car (soon to be old car) is a 2011 Hyundai Tucson. It's had 2 recalls...one of them involves catching on fire for no reason.

It's been a very reliable car - and yet these recalls don't make the news, or seem to affect Hyundai's sales much.

My point is, it seems the whole industry and even some Tesla adopters are waiting for the dream to be over - everything is under scrutiny and a microscope. Because Tesla is the first accessible and relatively transparent company (you can tweet Elon)...name another car company that does that? lol
It is silly that there are such naysayers. I had issues w/ my delivery - won't bother listing them, the second I sat down in my car I was like 'what problems? I am driving this amazing space machine now!!' I also have had a few issue that have required mobile service - on my schedule and they have been super cool and knowledgeable and taught me some cool things like pushing in on the charge port to open it or pushing the button on the charger (I thought I had to push the lightening bolt on the screen and jump out of the car and many times missed it and it closed so I used my phone)... And despite any issues I maintain that this car is the most amazing driving experience I have ever had and every person I give a ride (and yes they all squeal) or let drive are all in love immediately as well. I would definitely buy it again and have recommended it to everyone.

Reactions: tiggerlu and dfwatt
You should read your tirade back and ask yourself why you apparantly feel so personally attacked, because that it exactly how it seems.

I don't remotely feel personally attacked, and perhaps you should just speak for yourself. I accept that you regard the eGolf as a better car for you. I just don't agree that it is objectively a better vehicle for most people. That's all. Pretty simple really. As for that argument against the eGolf being a 'tirade,' I don't see that. Not sure why you are so bent out of shape. Perhaps you are the one feeling personally attacked. If so, sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: hcdavis3
I don't remotely feel personally attacked, and perhaps you should just speak for yourself. I accept that you regard the eGolf as a better car for you. I just don't agree that it is objectively a better vehicle for most people. That's all. Pretty simple really. As for that argument against the eGolf being a 'tirade,' I don't see that. Not sure why you are so bent out of shape. Perhaps you are the one feeling personally attacked. If so, sorry.

I can assure you I didn't feel personally attacked either. It is sometimes hard to read between the lines of a text only message as there are no subtle nuances like with speech and personal interaction in general.
Plus, as a non-native speaker it is even more difficult for me. Hence I probably read more into your comments than what you intended.

Let's just say we agree that the Model 3 is an amazing car, and get on with enjoying it - small flaws notwithstanding ;)

Reactions: dfwatt and tiggerlu
My experience was pretty nice as well. Configured on 3/15, VIN on 3/21 and delivered on 3/24 - one week ahead of schedule! They pointed out and took care of transportation plastic marks ...
But I was very lucky - in that I interacted with someone from the local store by chance - for instance, once I called to understand the whole process after configuring my car. This guy informed my delivery specialist who called me with my VIN soon after that. Then I stopped by a few days later to discuss RWD v. AWD after doing my research - and the next thing is, oh we have your car. Can you be here in two hours to pick it up?
I feel (read: I have no proof) that without these off-chance interactions things could have been delayed. But once I was able to talk to someone, they have been super nice and took care of things.
So far I am a satisfied Tesla owner :)

Reactions: one true morty
I can assure you I didn't feel personally attacked either. It is sometimes hard to read between the lines of a text only message as there are no subtle nuances like with speech and personal interaction in general.
Plus, as a non-native speaker it is even more difficult for me. Hence I probably read more into your comments than what you intended.

Let's just say we agree that the Model 3 is an amazing car, and get on with enjoying it - small flaws notwithstanding ;)

So do you have a long-range model rear wheel drive or an all wheel drive model or the top performance model? And do you know what your build date was? Just curious.

So do you have a long-range model rear wheel drive or an all wheel drive model or the top performance model? And do you know what your build date was? Just curious.

Like my signature says ;) I have a long range all wheel drive Model 3. Going by the VIN it is a 2019 build but I don't know any more details. A well-known German YouTuber got his red LR AWD car a week after me and he said his paint was flawless. So perhaps I just got a bit unlucky in that respect.

Like my signature says ;) I have a long range all wheel drive Model 3. Going by the VIN it is a 2019 build but I don't know any more details. A well-known German YouTuber got his red LR AWD car a week after me and he said his paint was flawless. So perhaps I just got a bit unlucky in that respect.

Sorry I missed that information. I'd be curious what your view would be of the model 3 if owned a performance version.

Sorry I missed that information. I'd be curious what your view would be of the model 3 if owned a performance version.

I was able to test drive a Model S P100DL back in the day and to be honest, even though the acceleration was mesmerizing it was also almost painful (I have neck and back problems). That, coupled with the fact that the P version of the Model 3 was about 10K Euro more, meant that I was quite happy to stick with the standard version. I only wanted AWD, and long range was a given.