Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My car updated to 8.0... again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a message today saying an update was available, so I let it run while I was at work. Got in the car and it gave me the "Congratulations" type screens for 8.0 again, outlining all the updates that were done, changes to music player, etc, etc. Only thing is, I've had 8.0 for like a month!

However, I've noticed that the problem with the last song played when exiting the car getting cut off isn't happening anymore. I know a lot of people here were reporting that bug. That, and the music defaulting to OTA radio when you were previously listening to Slacker.

Now, however, I've noticed that when I get in the car, the last song I was listening to starts at the beginning. So if I make a series of short trips, I will theoretically hear the same song every time. Which to be honest isn't all that bad, because how often do we make four-minute trips... but a change nonetheless.

Anyone else have this happen?

Got a message today saying an update was available, so I let it run while I was at work. Got in the car and it gave me the "Congratulations" type screens for 8.0 again, outlining all the updates that were done, changes to music player, etc, etc. Only thing is, I've had 8.0 for like a month!

As people have pointed out there are multiple builds of "7.1", "8.0", etc. and it's very likely that you'll be receiving more than one. The build number is something of the form "2.42.40". If you tap on the "T" logo at the top of the screen, then look at the bottom left corner of the pop-up window, you'll see the build number, which will probably look like "8.0 (2.42.40)".

When we discuss Tesla software here on TMC, it's very common to use the build numbers because they're more specific.

Bruce.

Now, however, I've noticed that when I get in the car, the last song I was listening to starts at the beginning. So if I make a series of short trips, I will theoretically hear the same song every time. Which to be honest isn't all that bad, because how often do we make four-minute trips... but a change nonetheless.

Anyone else have this happen?

Welcome to the Tesla version of the movie "Groundhog day."

• Funny
Reactions: bmah and David99
I also got this interval update a few days ago. Even though I read its mainly a USB media player fix, I feel like the autosteer has improved and is keeping within the lane better. I'll have to spend more time with it but was wondering if anyone else noticed it.

Yes,it was confusing because they re-purposed the same releaase notes as the big 8.0 roll out. So unless one looked specifically for the build number as @bmah pointed out, then 2.42.40 initially seemed a redux. There were mods to the doc so not a total dupe but had to hunt......which was still better than the usual "fix minor bugs blah blah blah" we usually get.