Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any chance you guys have been able to set up a web page to show each item in one place? I LOVE what I've seen so far and will probably order those cup holders too when my number comes up.

I really applaud the kids' work on this and appreciate Dad doing the order entry for them!

We need a little help.

So when I setup a Paypal account for Coby to accept payment for his project, I did it under Coby's name so the accounting will not interfere with my personal account. I made the mistake of not thoroughly reading the fine prints and neglected the part where he has to be 18. So Paypal has since frozen his account for violating their rules.

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.
I am not quite sure how being 17 is a threat to the safety of their customers to do business. I have since requested a transfer of ownership to me to comply with the 18 year of age rule. But until that is cleared, we cannot proceed with shipments.

I am hoping that those who have purchased and received their items could please contact Paypal to tell them we are no threat to your safety.

Reference ID: PP-007-088-873-484
1-888-221-1161

I am hoping contacts from you could expedite the resolution of this issue.
Thanks,
CJ

• Informative
Reactions: emorog
Thanks,
CJ

I cant help you with the Paypal issue. But how about taking other forms of payment for now, mainly Venmo? I'm not sure how that would work with your website/backend and if it would be a pain, but at least you'd be able to accept payments for now and keep things moving along.

Want to say thanks to Coby and you, chojn1, and you for the amazing work. Love the engineering and design. I would love to be on the list for the:

Center Console Tray Gen 2
Alcantara Liner for the Center Console
Cupholder inserts

Please advise on payment for you guys. Again thanks for the innovation and keep creating. Also would love if you guys can set up a small website with the products, would be easy to buy.

I'm interested in the sunglasses holder, lower bin tray, and cup holder spacers for Model 3. Hope Coby will have time once school starts to keep up with orders!
(If you don't get PayPal worked out, will be glad to send personal check)

We need a little help.

So when I setup a Paypal account for Coby to accept payment for his project, I did it under Coby's name so the accounting will not interfere with my personal account. I made the mistake of not thoroughly reading the fine prints and neglected the part where he has to be 18. So Paypal has since frozen his account for violating their rules.

At PayPal, we value a safe community for our customers to do business. We noticed activity in your account that’s inconsistent with our User Agreement and we no longer offer you PayPal services.
I am not quite sure how being 17 is a threat to the safety of their customers to do business. I have since requested a transfer of ownership to me to comply with the 18 year of age rule. But until that is cleared, we cannot proceed with shipments.

I am hoping that those who have purchased and received their items could please contact Paypal to tell them we are no threat to your safety.

Reference ID: PP-007-088-873-484
1-888-221-1161

Thanks,
CJ
My paypal still shows the payment made. They may not be returning money while y’all work out adult supervision, lol. Since you have to be 18 to enter into contractual agreements this makes sense.

I custom built this for one of the contributors on the other forum. Got a few requests for copies. Just wondering if there is any interests here. It is a phone ledge replacement for the OEM ledge. Designed to add an extra 5mm in depth to prevent phone drops for thicker phones or Qi pads. We can finish it in synthetic leather, suede, or vinyl wrap. What do you guys think?

ledge us.jpg

Reactions: tracksyde
Paypal was kind enough to resolve the issue by holding the kids' money for the next 180 days. o_O
No big deal as we would have kept it in the bank until we can make our contribution in December anyway.
I started another account under my name so we can continue on with the project.
My accountant will just have to deal with it next year.
Thanks for all the helps,
CJ

@chojn1
Have you been making a list of order requests based on posts in this thread, or do we need to PM you ?

Hi @TEG,

The list is from the composites of all the sources - conversations, email, and posts on either forums. Order is strictly by date of original correspondent. There are a few with multiple correspondents so their initial one by any method is the date used. Most people don't leave their email, so we have been notifying everybody through the conversations (PM). For those who does not use it regularly, you can access that through the little square icon at the top of this webpage.
CJ

My accountant will just have to deal with it next year.
Thanks for all the helps,
CJ

Take in the money yourself, pay most of it in COGS and wages to the kids who are doing the work (also could setup a SEP plan for them now). net net, your profit should be low enough to have little impact. The kids can contribute whatever they like to the charity.

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde