Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My center console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious @chojn1 , why did you make your phone dock horizontal?

Hi @smak,

The original custom design for my own dock is in portrait mode. But it was designed specifically for mine and my wife's phone only. It will not fit larger size phones.
The landscape design is actually Coby's creation. Pretty clever actually.
He twisted the phones sideways to make maximum use of the rhomboid space provided by Tesla's design and to accommodate any size phone.
The larger phones like the 8+ and the Galaxy Note can fill the top space where more space is available and the regular size phone can fill the bottom space. It also maintain the symmetry of both phones and hold each perfectly in place.
After testing it for the last few weeks, I do like it a lot.

CJ

Hi @smak,

The original custom design for my own dock is in portrait mode. But it was designed specifically for mine and my wife's phone only. It will not fit larger size phones.
The landscape design is actually Coby's creation. Pretty clever actually.
He twisted the phones sideways to make maximum use of the rhomboid space provided by Tesla's design and to accommodate any size phone.
The larger phones like the 8+ and the Galaxy Note can fill the top space where more space is available and the regular size phone can fill the bottom space. It also maintain the symmetry of both phones and hold each perfectly in place.
After testing it for the last few weeks, I do like it a lot.

CJ
Cool. It does look very nice.

The kiddos ran into a little problem last week.
One of their constant revisions sneaked by without adequate testing and did not fit well.
They have since made the correction and are printing the revised design.

They are now back tracking to locate the affected samples so they can send replacements.
If anyone happens to have one email them, they'll send you a new one.
Sorry for the trouble. Another important lesson learned.

On another note, the project is now an official IRS recognized 501c3 organization!!!! :):D:):D.
If you can't already tell from my tone, I am a pretty proud dad.

CJ

Last edited:
One of their constant revisions sneaked by without adequate testing and did not fit well.

They are now back tracking to locate the affected samples so they can send replacements.

On another note, the project is now an official IRS recognized 501c3 organization!!!! :):D:):D.

CJ
I haven't heard back although I asked to be added to the sunglasses list quite a few weeks ago. Is there an ETA as to when this will be shipping? Thank you.

@chojn1 , was trying to place my order, but really wanted to order a qi wireless charging station to go along with the sunglass tray and bottle holders, any idea when the qi phone station will he back in stock?

Also, my phone has wireless charging but my wifes iphone 6s+ has no wireless, does the phone charging station allow for cable connectors to pass through?

@chojn1 , was trying to place my order, but really wanted to order a qi wireless charging station to go along with the sunglass tray and bottle holders, any idea when the qi phone station will he back in stock?

Also, my phone has wireless charging but my wifes iphone 6s+ has no wireless, does the phone charging station allow for cable connectors to pass through?

Hi @Rlee21,

They are holding all new orders until they are sure all the previous affected orders are taken cared of.
The current Qi pad landscape design does not allow for pass through corded charging.
But, I know there is an alternate variation in the works for the vertical placement of phones that will allow for both charging types on both phones.
That version will probably ship in conjunction with their new phone ledge.
I am not sure when that is going to happen though.

CJ

• Informative
Reactions: emorog

CJ

@chojn1,

I just received my products. Ordered one of everything (minus charging caddy) in support of Coby and all his work! What was this constant revision on, one of the sunglasses trays? I don’t have my 3 yet and have no way to test the sizing. Please let me know. I have both Sunglass trays, both cupholders, and the Bin caddy.

Ski

@chojn1,

I just received my products. Ordered one of everything (minus charging caddy) in support of Coby and all his work! What was this constant revision on, one of the sunglasses trays? I don’t have my 3 yet and have no way to test the sizing. Please let me know. I have both Sunglass trays, both cupholders, and the Bin caddy.

Ski

Hi @Ski,
All the designs are constantly being tweaked for improvements.
They just have to settle down and be comfortable with one version of each for a while.
The one with the problem is the larger sunglasses tray.
I'll have them send you a new one and a new bin just in case.
Thanks,
CJ

• Love
Reactions: Skione65
Hi @Ski,
All the designs are constantly being tweaked for improvements.
They just have to settle down and be comfortable with one version of each for a while.
The one with the problem is the larger sunglasses tray.
I'll have them send you a new one and a new bin just in case.
Thanks,
CJ

@chojn1,

Thank You SO much for the follow up!!! Coby and his team sound like quite the ‘Perfectionists’! LOVE the products and Coby is doing an amazing job! My wife and I are SO proud of him...a shining example of what my teens should be doing!:) The personalized note from Coby made my Day! Just ‘Exemplary’!!! Highly recommended to all!

Skione65

Reactions: ModelX
@chojn1

This is my repeat post.

Want to say thanks to Coby and you, chojn1, for the amazing work. Love the engineering and design. I would love to be on the list for the:

Center Console Tray Gen 2
Alcantara Liner for the Center Console
Cupholder inserts
If possible the phone holder tray.

Please advise on payment for you guys. Again thanks for the innovation and keep creating. Also would love if you guys can set up a small website with the products, would be easy to buy. What is the time line you are expecting to get the products? No rush! Take you time but I am holding out on buying a center console wrap for your Alcantara wrap.

Again thanks, and keep innovating.