Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO was delivered with GPS not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My CPO Model S (2013) was delivered with GPS inop, and I immediately emailed the Tesla support line. They have said they performed a diagnostic check remotely and did find that the screen and GPS unit are not communicating. The car thinks it is in a warehouse in Palo Alto (I am in suburban Chicago). Tesla have ordered parts and will be in contact when they are in.

The updates from Tesla have been sparse though I believe they will call with an update once parts are in hand.

Question: Do you think I should escalate this, or pursue any sort of compensation? I think a non-functioning GPS is a big deal to take on delivery.. along with my window tint guy noticing that the driver's side door panel does not appear flush (like it was disassembled and not properly reinstalled). I'd be happy with a TMC store credit for this, is that realistic?

The C in CPO should stand for something. That car should not have passed whatever certification process they're claiming to have in place. Ideally, they should take the car back immediately and re-certify it. And they should compensate you appropriately for the inconvenience; perhaps a loaner until your car is ready.

Chill. Save your escalations for later...

It sounds like you're in contact, they're on it, and GPS/Nav will get fixed... this is something they can do on a ranger call, or at service center.

Have them look at the door at the same time.